UK enzyme source/bulk buy

These little beasts do all the hard work. Share how to keep 'em happy and working hard.

Moderator: Site Moderator

aj2456
Swill Maker

UK enzyme source/bulk buy

Post by aj2456 »

Hi there just wondering if anyone has a decent source of enzymes in the uk- ive got my alpha amylase off ebay with no bother really cheap- but all it does is make a thick starchy mush on its own (yes i tried without)

So looking for a decent price on some glucoamylase to finish the job- best price i have seen so far is brewhaus but shipping to uk is eyewatering if only buying 1lb, also been on alibaba- cheapest i got quoted was $115 of 1kg of liquid enzyme delivered and $150 for 1kg powder delivered

happy to organise a group buy if theres interest (probably from brewhaus)- aiming to maybe get £20 delivered for a decent amount- otherwise i think its cheaper just to use malted barley.
Q: What do you call a scotsman thats given up drinking?

A: Dead
Clark_Kent
Novice

Re: UK enzyme source/bulk buy

Post by Clark_Kent »

have you checked these websites for the latest price of enzymes in uk?
enzymedica.co.uk
enzymesupplies.com
I think they are selling cheap...!
http://www.plagiarism-checker.me/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
aj2456
Swill Maker

Post by aj2456 »

Thanks for trying to help but are you sure the digestive enzyme pills would work??? also i dont think that other website sells to consumers
Q: What do you call a scotsman thats given up drinking?

A: Dead
greenthumb
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by greenthumb »

Aj did you find any in the UK?
stecallly
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by stecallly »

no sources in the UK. I have just had a delivery of alpha and gluco from pintoshine. its took 8 days and is working like magic as it should. 20 dollars gets you free shipping worldwide
If it makes you smile its worth while.
Benoit
Novice

Post by Benoit »

You can buy an alpha-amylase / glucoamylase liquid mix from Amazon.co.uk for about £25 delivered, not sure where it's coming from but it's a litre bottle. It has the unfortunate branding of "moonshiners choice" & I've never used it so I couldn't comment on the quality but it's there, I just searched glucoamylase

Benoit