wine with a lacto infection?

These little beasts do all the hard work. Share how to keep 'em happy and working hard.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Grappa-Gringo
Swill Maker

wine with a lacto infection?

Post by Grappa-Gringo »

Good day to everyone.... crushed my grapes 2 weekends ago... all went good... let it sit for almost a week and siphoned off about 10 gallons leaving the skins and twigs and seeds in the primary fermenter. Put some yeast over the siphoned juice and it took off...yeah! Crushed remainder this past Sunday and got more juice... put it in with the previous juice...went to take a look at it this morning prior to heading to work and I've got what I think is a lacto bacteria infection on the top of the juice. White thin almost spider like on top. My question to you is should I rack it into a demi john now avoiding the top stuff... and of course air lock it.... or ???? suggestions, comments....
They say, "you are what you eat"... Then I'm fast, easy and cheap!
Grappa-Gringo
Swill Maker

Re: wine with a lacto infection?

Post by Grappa-Gringo »

never mind everyone....found an old post of mine that I totally forgot I put up back in 2012.... got the answer...thanks for those who looked.
GG
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

Grappa-Gringo wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:10 am never mind everyone....found an old post of mine that I totally forgot I put up back in 2012.... got the answer...thanks for those who looked.
GG
I don't know if I understood your speech correctly ..... maybe it's about "foil"?
Grappa-Gringo
Swill Maker

Post by Grappa-Gringo »

"foil"????? I don't understand what you mean by that... please explain thanks
GG