Jalapeno ujsm maceration

Treatment and handling of your distillate.

Moderator: Site Moderator

PipeWelder316
Site Donor
Site Donor

Jalapeno ujsm maceration

Post by PipeWelder316 »

What's going on ya'll? I just wanted to share what I did this weekend. I got up mid morning Saturday expecting to run a second generation ujsm but it just wasn't ready. So I went out and watered my jalapeno peppers. I picked about 10 red peppers. Then I got the idea to do a hot pepper pantie dropper style drink. So I cut all 10 red jalapenos into 4th's and added them to a quart of first gen ujsm @ 90 proof. I let it steep while I read limited information on HD about adding peppers to whiskey. From what I read I felt like I was making a death wish fireball of a whiskey so after about an hour and a half I removed the peppers and filtered the quart through a coffee filter. Tonight I did a side by side comparison and the shot with the peppers is smooth, and just a little pepper but finishes nicely. The shot from the same whiskey at 90 proof seems harsh. This gets me to thinking. Who else has tried peppers in white dog? and what were your experiences?
The Booze Pipe
Swill Maker

Re: Jalapeno ujsm maceration

Post by The Booze Pipe »

I've put two home-grown habaneros into a quart of white at 80 proof, let that sit for an eternity, then double the volume of liquor to cut the hotness. makes a bitchin drink. real good flavor and heat for a bloody marry.
I've done the same with home-grown jalapenos.
13.5g/50L keg
modular 3" pot/VM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
26g 4" stripping still
5500watts of fury
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

Ghost peppers are really nice too, they add a little smokiness.

I usually drop a single jalapeño into a 1.75 liter bottle of tequila when we buy it, I’m not sure I’d want 10 of them that close to a flammable liquid...
PipeWelder316
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by PipeWelder316 »

I still have some of that fifth, its pretty good. I don't recommend leaving 10 jalapenos in for an extended period of time. 2 oz in a 12 oz cola or Dr. pepper and it has a nice finish to it.
BDF
Swill Maker

Post by BDF »

I prefer fruitier and spicier peppers like habeneros. Left residual pepper flavor, and more heat. Though usually I just want the heat/warmth rather than pepper flavor.