FYI.All Coconut Sugar is not made with the sap of the palm!

Sugar, and all about sugar washes. Where the primary ingredient is sugar, and other things are just used as nutrients.

Moderator: Site Moderator

olelucky46
Novice

FYI.All Coconut Sugar is not made with the sap of the palm!

Post by olelucky46 »

Tresomega Nutrition Organic Coconut Sugar.
Ingredients: Contains Tree Nuts (coconut)
Packaged in a peanut-free facility.
HOWEVER when you desolve it in water I would recommend that you filter it...or not. :wink:
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: FYI.All Coconut Sugar is not made with the sap of the pa

Post by pfshine »

What the hell is going on here. I'm cornfused.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
olelucky46
Novice

Post by olelucky46 »

I found some coconut sugar that's actually made from the nut!
Fermentation is fantastic tastes fabulous, sweet and smooth slightyt nutty.
When desolved there is partials of the shell, needs filtering out. Before distillation.
Every post I've seen says that Coconut Sugar is made from Palm tree sap.
I gave y'all the name of it.tryit you'll be amazed at the results.
olelucky46
Novice

Post by olelucky46 »

pfshine wrote:What the hell is going on here. I'm cornfused.
What part of All Coconut Sugar is not made with the sap of the palm. is cornfusing you? :lol:
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

olelucky46 wrote:
What part of All Coconut Sugar is not made with the sap of the palm. is cornfusing you? :lol:
Well...
"All Coconut Sugar is not made from the sap of the palm" sort of means that No Coconut Sugar is made from the sap of the palm.
But, I believe Some, perhaps Most Coconut Sugar is made from the sap of the palm.
On the other hand, Some, but Not All Coconut Sugar is not made from the sap of the palm.

Some's made from a coconut.
But in a peanut-free facility.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

olelucky46 wrote:
Hmm your first post is all jacked up and all don't make sense. Then you go and you recommend filtering OR not which doesn't make literary sense.

Edit to add perhaps it's just the way you talk/write that doesn't make sense. It can be a chore to get what you want to say come across.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Hillbilly Popstar
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hillbilly Popstar »

So maybe this would be a good think to add to a rum ferment?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
"Making likker with a hydrometer and thermometer is like measuring the length of a 2x4 with a clock"
olelucky46
Novice

Post by olelucky46 »

Hillbilly Popstar wrote:So maybe this would be a good think to add to a rum ferment?

You can.....But I suggest making a run just with the Coconut Sugar first, then decide whether you want to mix it up.
The taste is unique! Completely different than any other sugar.
this sugar has particals of finely ground nut, which settles to the bottom when desolved in water. So I would recommend filtering as you add it to your fermenter.
olelucky46
Novice

Post by olelucky46 »

pfshine wrote:
olelucky46 wrote:
Hmm your first post is all jacked up and all don't make sense. Then you go and you recommend filtering OR not which doesn't make literary sense.

Edit to add perhaps it's just the way you talk/write that doesn't make sense. It can be a chore to get what you want to say come across.
I apologize. I can see where it could be confusing.All I wanted to do is make it known that there is a Coconut Sugar made out of the actual Coconut not the Palm. When desolved in water there are particals of the nut that should be filtered out be for adding it to your fermentation vessel. And that the product produced has a fantastic flavor.
Just try it... and let me know what you think.
Hillbilly Popstar
Site Donor
Site Donor

Why should you filter them before fermenting. All kinds of crazy crap goes into the fermenter.

"Making likker with a hydrometer and thermometer is like measuring the length of a 2x4 with a clock"
olelucky46
Novice

Post by olelucky46 »

Hillbilly Popstar wrote:Why should you filter them before fermenting. All kinds of crazy crap goes into the fermenter.

I found out that there was a lot of the shell settled out when you desolved the sugar and it stuck to the bottom of the Turbo 500 and took a lot cleaning.
Hillbilly Popstar
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ah...

Well I don't know how that turbo 500 works, but normally that sediment would just stay in the fermenter with the trub when you siphon the wash off into the boiler.

olelucky46
Novice

Post by olelucky46 »

You're right the first batch brought some of the shell over when I transferred it to the boiler, evidently I didn't wait long enough for it to completely settle out. There isn't much solids that settle out except the yeast and a little bit of shell.
Second run went smoothly.
DetroitDIY
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DetroitDIY »

So I'm preparing to ferment a batch of straight Panela, but I'm a bit short and happen to have a bag of "blond organic coconut sugar" from Big Tree Farms. Ingredient is "granulated coconut flow blossom nectar". I gather this means that is the palm sap and not the tree nut.
I see Olelucky is advocating to not mix the sugars. Any other experience out there on this? I don't want to mess up my panela but do want to max out my fermenter volume. The ratio of sugars would be about 90% Panela, 10% Coconut sugar.
I've also been curious about fermenting a straight batch of this coconut sugar, but don't have a ton on hand.