Is there wrong kind of copper?

Forum for the discussion of any material/synthetics.Only posts with info /or links to research info allowed . Any posts recommend the use of any material without copy's or links to show proven research will be deleted

Moderator: Site Moderator

Is there wrong kind of copper?

Postby Jaska » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 am

Hello!
i just got my tax refunds and i was going to use that money to make me a big still for stripping runs. i have 30 liter copper alembic that i have used it to strip wash in many parts and then do a spirit run. i would like to have a bigger still for stripping and then do spirit run with my store bought alembic.
the thing is that the still that i own is bought from store and this time i would want to make it my self but i dont have any experience of buying copper sheets.
i live in small country and i cant find much copper sheets or prices on the internet. one that i have found just say its copper sheet 1mmX1000mmX2000mm, price 100€/m2 (local metal company had double times that price). is there any change i can f**k this up and buy copper sheet that is not good for still making?
some firms sold copper roofs, can i ask sheets from them?
im afraid calling them and asking questions becouse i dont know if they start saying some technical terms i dont understand and i dont even know what to ask for...
could you help newbie builder?
Jaska
Novice

Re: Is there wrong kind of copper?

Postby Kareltje » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:43 pm

Jaska wrote:Hello!
i just got my tax refunds and i was going to use that money to make me a big still for stripping runs. i have 30 liter copper alembic that i have used it to strip wash in many parts and then do a spirit run. i would like to have a bigger still for stripping and then do spirit run with my store bought alembic.
the thing is that the still that i own is bought from store and this time i would want to make it my self but i dont have any experience of buying copper sheets.
i live in small country and i cant find much copper sheets or prices on the internet. one that i have found just say its copper sheet 1mmX1000mmX2000mm, price 100€/m2 (local metal company had double times that price). is there any change i can f**k this up and buy copper sheet that is not good for still making?
some firms sold copper roofs, can i ask sheets from them?
im afraid calling them and asking questions becouse i dont know if they start saying some technical terms i dont understand and i dont even know what to ask for...
could you help newbie builder?

I understand your questions.
But as most of us are not living in your country or are familiar with your country, I think you can not expect an answer.
Speaking for myself: I live in a small country in Europe, also in the EU, I sometimes see your euro-coins, but I really can not begin to find an answer to your questions.
Kareltje
Distiller

Postby fizzix » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:26 am

Jaska, I don't know copper but I did find this in the forums: http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13167
And when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown. -Dogs, Pink Floyd
fizzix
Novice

Postby Jaska » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:11 am

Thank you for replys. I guess i call somewhere and ask bunch of dum questions and order some copper to planish.
Jaska
Novice

Return to Materials Safety