LWTCS wrote:Very very good read for me especially,,,,,and here is why.
I have been unable to replicate the mold growth that gave me the chocolate beer notes when using dunder with minimal to zero abv.
Conversely, the batch containing the 8-10% abv bloomed very promptly when exposed to a bit of air and exposed to the hot summer temps within my garage.
Im not concluding anything......just making an observation.
AKAAB wrote:Maybe you should harvest some of that mold and use it to seed the next batch?
mash rookie wrote:Many people are terribly allergic to mold spores.
mash rookie wrote:I found it an interesting read from our perspective, but beyond identifying the source as being alcohol he never came to a conclusion on how to solve the problem for the town folks. No wonder they fired him. Many people are terribly allergic to mold spores.
Why the hell would you pay a consultant if he doesn’t make recommendations about his conclusions.
Yes, he now has his name in a record book. So freaking what.
I guess they will need another consultant $$$$ to tell them how to solve the problem. A potential health problem that the distillery wont pay for. I guess it shows that something a benign as our beloved hobby can have an impact on others.
And of course mold fungus can make some really kiler LWTCS rum
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest