Butler county bust,

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

moered
Site Donor
Site Donor

Butler county bust,

Post by moered »

"Deputies were patrolling the county when they saw unusual activity at a home. To make sure nothing had been taken, deputies searched the home and property. They found the still in the front yard of the home.

“And the still was in plain sight,” said Sheriff Harden. “So we got a search warrant this morning, executed the search warrant, we found the still there, it was a working still. Found the mash behind the house, and also inside the house we found some untaxed liquor.”

Harden and his team came back to search the home after getting a warrant. He said moonshine stills are not common in Butler County.

“Every now and then we’ll find one, but this is the first one in several years that we’ve located,” he added.

No one was at the home at the time of the search, but Harden said as soon as the homeowner returns, he will be charged with possession of a still and possession of moonshine."
Article-
http://www.alabamanews.net/2016/03/03/b ... ine-still/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I sure Hope it wasn't any of our members- looks like a decent hobby still.
Red sed
likker is quicker

Cranky's spoon-feeding thread: http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p7271807
gflower1
Swill Maker

Re: Butler county bust,

Post by gflower1 »

Dang. That was right down the road
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Unsusal activity my ass
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
WIski
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WIski »

"To make sure nothing had been taken" My Ass...... :evil:
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

WIski wrote:"To make sure nothing had been taken" My Ass...... :evil:
And, then they took it.

Kegs, turkey fryer, ss pot thumper, JD bottle.
Definitely looks hobby, hope the guy gets through it without too much trouble.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

The cops story is kinda hard to gut. And if it were true and happened like that I would get the best lawer around and own that county.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Here's the thing. Unusual activity at the home. And they wanted to make sure that nothing was taken? How would they know if anything was taken? They don't live there.

So obtaining a warrant under these pretenses is not likely to hold up in court. Chances are someone was pissed at the owner and ratted him out. That or he didn't go along with lining the sheriffs pocket or likker cabinet.
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

Sounds like a bunch of well...but....then.....or as i like to call it horse shit!
just sayin
Rumrunner

Post by just sayin »

New addition to our rule: "Don't tell, don't sell and don't LEAVE YOUR STILL IN PLAIN SIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR FRONT YARD!!! Seriously, it is like some of the lawyer stickers on ladders these days. Just wouldn't have thought it had to be said.

Or just maybe...I can hear the guy now, "Ethel, I knew your $&@?#%€¥£' n brother ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, but the middle of my front @#£%¥'n yard! When I told the simple-son-of-a-€%#&$ he could borrow it, I told him it was under a tarp behind the boxes in the shed outback. I didn't think it needed to be said, but I was wrong! Stupid lazy ¥%*£#% £^€&?@$ brought it back and left it in the middle of my $@^£!n front yard!!!
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Geez...!!! Don't know how they spotted that rig with the boiler (beer keg) being camouflaged... :lolno:

Didn't we have a member stating here in the forums about a week or so ago that they run in their front yard...???
craftsman
Novice

Post by craftsman »

Wonder what the mind set was of the still owner? Why outside in public view? Its obvious that the still is hobby size. What was wrong with the back yard or outa sight? This is either a case of belligerence or super stupidity. http://homedistiller.org/forum/posting. ... cfc4e8aa39#