More Deaths From Crappy Hooch in India Again

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

More Deaths From Crappy Hooch in India Again

Post by Euphoria »

In this morning's newspaper: At least 19 Dead and 6 people blinded from crappy illegal booze in India. This kind of crap is not good news for our cause to legitimize home distilling. People read this kind of stuff and all-too-quickly formulate their opinions that all home-made liquor is poisonous.Bad news. :evil:
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
Kareltje
Distiller

Re: More Deaths From Crappy Hooch in India Again

Post by Kareltje »

So?
You can hardly remedy the too-quickly making of opinions. You can not influence the politics in India, let alone the enforcing of the rules or laws.
And what has it to do with the legalizing of home distilling in your or my country?

If someone at a party should talk to me about this incident, I would answer him or her to my knowledge. And be finished with it.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Euphoria wrote:In this morning's newspaper: At least 19 Dead and 6 people blinded from crappy illegal booze in India. This kind of crap is not good news for our cause to legitimize home distilling. People read this kind of stuff and all-too-quickly formulate their opinions that all home-made liquor is poisonous.Bad news. :evil:
It would be appropriate to insert a link. I will do that for you, but it took me several variations of "googling" to get there.http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-18/a ... ia/7636648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I wonder how western WA sees that news, and the rest of the planet does not. Anyway, I'm not sure how this applies to the craft, as ethical people do not add chemicals. In fact, if you read the required stuff, you will quickly learn that anything that tastes bad is cut from the finished product. Many food processors are now required to list processing aids to their labels (based on concentration in the US), and as such, as becoming more efficient without them. This is a story about a guy who didn't care enough about anything that was willing to do anything.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Trust the Australian Broadcasting Commission to be right on to any moonshine story, at least they are generally more accurate than any of the commercial media. As I have said many times having lived in rural India for a time I am well aware the dodgy arrack sold there.its not about how its made but for whom. The moonshine trade is well and truly controlled by gangsters and these unscrupulous scum would think nothing of adding paint thinners to spirit have have already got made for next to nothing just to make a few extra coins. I've seen it and seen the victims first hand Its sad ppl will deliberately injure ppl few for a few cents extra on already tidy profits but its a fact and has nothing to do with distilling as all this crap is added not by distillers but bootlegger gangs
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

It wasn't Crappy Hooch.

It wasn't 'moonshine'.

It was industrial methanol, labeled as alcohol, sold by criminals. It had nothing to do with any form of home distilling, or Moonshining for that matter, so don't help to perpetuate myths by making headlines as though it is.
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Gee, thanks for the "gang bash" folks...Love you too.
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

"and all too quickly formulate their opinions"

From a song:
I was blindsight in the gutter and te Merlin happened by
asking me: "Why do you lie down there crying?"
I answered him: "Magician, as a matter of a fact:
I was jumping to conclusions, and one of them jumped back!
My enemies have sweet voices, their tones are soft and kind,
when I hear my heart rejoices; I do not seem to mind."
Last edited by Kareltje on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Whatever dude... :crazy:
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Maybe think again next time before you start a riot!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Hold on there a moment I wasn't scrum tackling anyone. I was just explaining what goes on in them sort of shit holes, every year we get a hand full of Aussies done the same way in Indonesia one only a week back and the media are all to quick to call it badly made arrack which is not exactly true :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Kareltje wrote:Maybe think again next time before you start a riot!
Just how does citing an article in the paper equate to starting a riot. Your thinking is warped dude! It's people like you with your off-hand ranting comments that have "turned it into a riot" if anything. And, FWIW, I feel that your rude comments are inflammatory and unnecessary. To me, you are just a shit starter.

Oh, and one more thing, who the heck do you think you are to think that you are here to admonish me. From my point of view, I feel that you are the least qualified person here to pass judgement on anyone. :evil:
Coyote
retired

Post by Coyote »

Ok guys

ENOUGH, Period.

Play nice or play elsewhere, you can PM each other to the end,
but there is no need to continue this here any longer

News is news, but lets not fight among ourselves

Thanks

Coyote
"Slow Down , You'll get a more harmonious outcome"