Don't Sell and Don't Tell

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Don't Sell and Don't Tell

Post by still_stirrin »

Small town sherriff (Andy Taylor?) in America's heartland makes a bust because the neighbors complained. My tagline includes "be discrete" and this is exactly what it means. Keep your hobby to yourself, or suffer the consequences.

http://www.kake.com/story/33500015/fede ... shine-bust" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

It ended up being a really bad day for that guy. At least he wasn't making meth.

Always be safe, responsible, and discrete.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
xyz123
Novice

Re: Don't Sell and Don't Tell

Post by xyz123 »

Hey look, I reckon your advise is sound, but, what gives you the right to tell people what to do. 3623 posts?
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

xyz123 wrote:Hey look, I reckon your advise is sound, but, what gives you the right to tell people what to do. 3623 posts?
He's just reminding you to follow the rules that you already agreed to by signing up on this forum. You got a problem with either not selling, or flapping your jaw around town, then feel free to keep your trap shut on this forum.

I don't really appreciate your tone on the subject. Back off of Still_Stirrin. He is only trying to remind you to keep you safe. If your'e one of the stupid morons that chooses to do otherwise, find somewhere else to pick fights.
Last edited by ShineonCrazyDiamond on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

^^ What he said .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

xyz123 wrote:Hey look, I reckon your advise is sound, but, what gives you the right to tell people what to do. 3623 posts?
You can add my 20,000+ to that number, along with the post counts of the rest of the membership that adheres to The Rules We Live By... I'd say you're outnumbered... Our stance on not selling isn't subject to debate... It's just that simple...
GrassHopper
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by GrassHopper »

I'd say that with 3623 posts, he's earned enough respect around here to voice what should be considered as some very "wise" advice. And on this forum everyone will be told that over and over.
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

After reading the users posts i call...

troll
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

xyz, that's twice in 24 hours. the topic is don't sell, don't tell.

maybe my Canadianism, keep your stick on the ice, was lost on you. it means play the puck, not the man...play the game not the player.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Not sure the post count is at issue, nice straw man.

Maybe we all should agree with you and announce we are going to violate the rules we live by.

You go first.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Coat and tie required to dine here . Don't like them rules ? Suck your swill from another trough .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Truckinbutch wrote:Coat and tie required to dine here . Don't like them rules ? Suck your swill from another trough .
I think xyz might take you up on that TB. Based on other activity, he might not agree with the coat part. :)
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Nzhd would probably be a better fit...j/s
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
xyz123
Novice

Post by xyz123 »

HDNB wrote:xyz, that's twice in 24 hours. the topic is don't sell, don't tell.

maybe my Canadianism, keep your stick on the ice, was lost on you. it means play the puck, not the man...play the game not the player.
Yes, quite. My apologies to any of whom I may have offended. I shall not post drunk in the future. I had not meant to come across quite as abrupt as I may have seemed. Lesson learned.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

:) We have a saying here ,"Post drunk , edit sober ." It happens from time to time .
ericrichards420
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ericrichards420 »

Don't tell and sure as hell don't sell. Its really not a good idea to share.
Alchemist75
Rumrunner

Post by Alchemist75 »

Me and my buddy share our product between ourselves and occasionally my wife takes interest. No one else gets a drop or even any discussion. Sell it? Why would I ever do that? I doubt I would be able to turn a significant profit anyway even as cheap as I make it. Trying to keep up with the demand would require quitting my job and then my fun hobby becomes a full time occupation which would likely lose some of it's fun element. A former boss of mine once told me that I should never do what I love for a living. I ignored him and that's why I do what I do now but he was right, when it becomes full time work it steals the charm out of it. I'll share whatever knowledge or ideas I have with the fine folks on this forum but probably never any product.....well, probably, unless I make a buddy or two here.
SOLVE ET COAGULA, ET HABEBIS MAGISTERIUM