Sleepiness....

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

donpelon
Novice

Sleepiness....

Post by donpelon »

Is it just me, or does the homemade stuff make you relaxed... real relaxed.
I'm pulling only a tight hearts cut in all my runs, and man, I can drink a shot of it before bed and sleep like rock for a full 8 hours. I'm not complaining, just an observation.

Made some gin and brought a bottle over for a friend's potluck. We all drank 1-2 G&T's with the food. Everyone liked my stuff and complemented me on it's smoothness and drinkability. We all sat down afterwards to watch a movie, and be damned if everyone wasn't getting heavy eyed and snoring 20-30 mins into the film (I admit it was kind of a slow one). Is this normal? Is this the effect of purer alcohol? Has anyone else noticed this with their stuff?
S-Cackalacky
retired

Re: Sleepiness....

Post by S-Cackalacky »

I usually only drink before bed and, yes, I sleep like a rock. Amazing how different it is when you purposely leave all the nasty crap out.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

+1 S-Cackalacky..it's totally dif when you aren't drinking the heads.
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
SoMo
Distiller

Post by SoMo »

Yes sir it does, wait until you do an AG even better. We call it Mo mind eraser if you dip to far into the jar.
Everything's better home made, everything!!
15.5 keg 7.75keg 2"pot still, Gold CM
Never look down on a man unless it's to help him up.
BoisBlancBoy
Distiller

Post by BoisBlancBoy »

I've noticed that the buzz it gives me is a much more "clear" one. I'm not lethargic like from the commercial stuff. Just totally different than I'm used to.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I've noticed the same effects . Gettin used to the difference takes a bit of doing . Doesn't seem to take as much even when diluted to common commercial drinking strengths .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
jollyroger
Swill Maker

Post by jollyroger »

I have a tendency to get buck wild and crazy if I drink too much of the good stuff, but if I drink commercial, I get talkative and then pass out...
Crazed Country Rebel
Fastill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Fastill »

I don't get mean if I drink good stuff, but give me store bought, stay away!!
A.D.D. and HD don't go together. This hobby takes time and dedication to learn and do it right and safe.
Fill the pool before you jump in head first!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

Honestly, I thought that it was all in my head and I might be crazy. I guess it was not all in my head and the vote is still out on me being crazy.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

halfbaked wrote:...and the vote is still out on me being crazy.
After all, you are halfbaked. :lolno:

tp
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Fastill wrote:I don't get mean if I drink good stuff, but give me store bought, stay away!!
I hear ya , brother . I'm not allowed to be served bottled in bond drinks from the back shelf in local bars . My track record over the years has proved that they , none of them , stock enough rope to tie me up after several doubles .
>My own just makes me a very pleasant individual to visit with .
>I guess good hooch affects different folks in different ways same as bad hooch . Moderation is the key .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
donpelon
Novice

Post by donpelon »

Interesting responses, I guess I know I'm not crazy. I never was a belligerent drunk, just more talkative, musical and sentimental. Weepy Irish ballads and such... I read here that good clean homemade will give you no hangover, but I've never tried enough to get really ragin on it yet (I rarely drink to get drunk anymore anyway). I hope to wake up one morning after a party as fresh as the first day of Spring. I do feel the effects though, even after 1 drink, it comes on strong, and then... eyelids getting heavy... Bedtime for Bonzo. Maybe I'm, just getting old :yawn:
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

The issue becomes that ours is so mellow, if you over indulge, you're more likely to wake up pissing blood than hungover!
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

T-Pee wrote:
halfbaked wrote:...and the vote is still out on me being crazy.
After all, you are halfbaked. :lolno:

tp

BBBUUUUTTTTT The other half of the time I'm totally Baked.