White Makers Mark

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

Scarfinger
Bootlegger

White Makers Mark

Post by Scarfinger »

I got a chance to sample some White Makers Mark that a friend of mine bought when he was at the distillery in Kentucky. The label said it was made form Corn, Barley and red winter wheat.

I had some of my first AG shine to compare it to. (I Butchered my AG some and ended up adding some sugar to it). 80% corn, 10% barely and 10% rye

White Makers Mark was a little bit smoother at 90 proof. But I found it a little lacking in flavor compared to my shine. My Shine was 106 proof and the corn flavor was heavy in smell and taste.

Not being a whiskey drinker... I was pleasantly surprised how well my AG tasted compared to the White Makers Mark.

Maybe I prefer more corn flavor vs wheat? Maybe I was a little biased because it was my shine :)
Rastus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: White Makers Mark

Post by Rastus »

isnt it great , that warm fuzzy feeling of pride ...

living far from the liquor stores, i mean a long ways away, i used to really get excited about hitting the big city and scoring some booze, but now i am actually thinking if i can take some of mine with me, cheaper and i just love the taste and feel.
She was just a moonshiner,
But he loved her Still
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

There's a lot of difference between 90 and 106 when it comes to alcohol.
Try home Malted Corn if you like the the taste you got now. It gets better.
MitchyBourbon
Distiller

Post by MitchyBourbon »

I think I saw some white Makers Mark at my local liquor store the other day, is it worth buying?

My wife entertains a lot, mostly professors and such from the University. Most of them people wouldn't dream of drinking anything home made. Their mostly too busy one upping each other about only drinking this scotch or that. I just smile with the knowledge that I'm not really serving them the really "good" stuff. :shh:
I'm goin the distance...
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

Appalachia-Shiner wrote:There's a lot of difference between 90 and 106 when it comes to alcohol.
Try home Malted Corn if you like the the taste you got now. It gets better.
+1 on the corn malt!
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
Scarfinger
Bootlegger

Post by Scarfinger »

MitchyBourbon wrote:I think I saw some white Makers Mark at my local liquor store the other day, is it worth buying?

My wife entertains a lot, mostly professors and such from the University. Most of them people wouldn't dream of drinking anything home made. Their mostly too busy one upping each other about only drinking this scotch or that. I just smile with the knowledge that I'm not really serving them the really "good" stuff. :shh:
My friend was under the impression that you could only get it at the distillery. It cost around 35$ for a 750 ml bottle.

You would have to ask someone with a more discerning tongue than me. I mean it wasn't bad...

Anyone else have anything to say about White Makers Mark?
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Had some at the MM Distillery.
Home Malted Corn Likker is Way better.
Even if you add some sugar in the mash-wash.
Scarfinger
Bootlegger

Post by Scarfinger »

Appalachia-Shiner wrote:Had some at the MM Distillery.
Home Malted Corn Likker is Way better.
Even if you add some sugar in the mash-wash.
+1 :)