How many of you are alcoholics?

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

Re: How many of you are alcoholics?

Postby raketemensch » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Lots of alcoholics on both sides of my family, there was never a single drop of beer or wine at any family gatherings my whole life. My dad basically disappeared when I was 12 — fell into the bottle and didn’t turn up for 20 years.

I had issues with it when I got to college, mainly because I had never been introduced to it or taught anything about it.

I won’t be making that same mistake with my kids.
raketemensch
Master Distiller

Postby Alchemist75 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:32 pm

Drug and alcohol abuse is prevalent in my family on moms side, I have addictive tendencies for sure. Been through a bout of drug addiction but I've never gotten real deep into booze. I like to get into my cups now and then with my best buddy but usually I just have a nightcap to mellow my busy mind before bed. Shit, sometimes I'll pour up a glass of spirit or do a g&t and only get halfway through it before I doze off. I drink nightly but I don't get hammered, just a little buzz preferably on my own product naturally.
SOLVE ET COAGULA, ET HABEBIS MAGISTERIUM
Alchemist75
Bootlegger

Postby Twisted Brick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 pm

Grew up in an abusive household, and all of us 5 boys dealt with it through alcohol (and other things). Today, 4 of us are moderate drinkers of varying levels, youngest brother is a tried and true (15 years now) AA non-drinker. I have been blessed/lucky in keeping my addictive tendencies largely in check.

Of note: My 2 older kids graduated as athletes from prominent D1 schools, and despite every opportunity to join their thirstier teammates, are far too busy with life to let alcohol be more than an occasional great time. Third kid doesn't drink.

Whew!
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields
Twisted Brick
Novice

Postby sltm1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Sheeeet, when I was still under 12, my favorite Saturday morning breakfast (before cartoons came on) was , cold pizza and room temp beer and wine left over from my folks Friday night mixed couples poker games. I taught myself !!! LOL
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby Bikes n Booze » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 am

Im work 12 hour shifts. Dayshift and Nightshift. 4-5 oz of 80 proof before bed at 06:00 AM is the perfect night (day) cap to keep me asleep while everyone else is awake.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Bikes n Booze
Novice

Previous

Return to Drinks and Drinking