Your last hangover...

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

UnclePaul
Bootlegger

Your last hangover...

Post by UnclePaul »

I've been making my own drink now for only about six months. I started with wine and knew all along I wanted to move to something stronger.
Now I've made a really good blackberry wine that I back sweetened a couple times and kicked the alcohol up pretty strong. You know when you've had a bottle.
Then I move to cooking and started drinking what I was making.
All along, I would have an occasional bottle of store bought grape with dinner or even something my son in law would buy. He's fond of Jack Daniels and high dollar tequila.
But I have to admit the only thing that had me wake up the next moring holding my head was when I drank about 3/4 of a bottle of Port wine!
I was cooking dinner with it and drank what I didn't cook with.
I know now to stick to what I've made, it's more trust worthy.
What's the last thing that had you lookin' for the BC powders the next morning.
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Your last hangover...

Post by blanikdog »

I can't remember when that was, paul. That could mean that my memory is more stuffed than I think, or age has finally given me some wisdom. I suspect the former.

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Other than my own headsy session back at the holidays, That would have been a store bought rum.

A real bed spinner. Can't remember how long ago.

Think it was Mt.Gay
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

Last time I drank beer.

Think I will stick to my clean home made spirits.
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

It happened last night. A friend of mine offer me some filthy home brew his son made. I had a couple to be polite. I didn't even get lit, and I woke up this morning feeling like a broke dick dog. I really need to stop being polite.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
Ayay
Distiller

Post by Ayay »

My last hangover was after drinking some expensive gourmet-sanctioned whiskey. It was very smooth with a hint of smoke and oak but I didn't spit it like the tasters do.

Hangover should be part of the gourmet appraisals, provided they DRINK it.
cornflakes...stripped and refluxed
Usge
retired

Post by Usge »

Red wine...specifically a bottle of petite syrah, petite verdot blend at about 14.5%. Woke up felt like somebody stuck a tube up my nose and the jolly-green giant farted in it.
Boozehound
Novice

Post by Boozehound »

I've got a absolute bastard of a hangover today. Me and the boys went on a big piss-up last night which included drinking rum (Mt. Gay), whiskey (Jim Beam), cider (Aspall) down the pub and then loads of shine (the stuff I make out of black treacle) back at the house. Stayed up till 3am.

I just can't explain how rough I feel today.

Still, if that's the price of a good time then so be it.
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

Usge wrote:Woke up felt like somebody stuck a tube up my nose and the jolly-green giant farted in it.

That's a hilarious saying. I'm gonna have to remember that one for latter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
vicrider
Swill Maker

Post by vicrider »

My last real hangover was in about 1983. I was home on leave and was leaving the next day to return to my base, and I shared an entire bottle of Tequila with my best bud. He had about 5 or 6 shots and I drank the rest. Worst headache I ever had in my life. I had to drive 10 hours the next day. I have never touched Tequila since.
puke.gif
puke.gif (4.76 KiB) Viewed 6159 times
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed."
Vodka_Master
Novice

Post by Vodka_Master »

Last hangover i had was something like 4 months ago. Was at a friends house. Started with beer, then had jaeger bombs, then a few shots of Smirnoff, then a few mixed drinks with Zubrowka (good stuff with apple juice) then had a few games of beer pong, (more beer) and finished up with a few shots of smirnoff. One of the worst hangovers i ever had. Probably should of skipped the jaeger...
toofless one
Swill Maker
Location: Where I can whizz in the front yard...and nobody would ever know

Post by toofless one »

Vodka_Master wrote:Started with beer, then had jaeger bombs

yea i cant resist the urge to bomb the jaeger either. always end up paying for it.

but back to topic, last one was about Dec09...logging all day with my brother in law in the woods. went through countless Natural Ice's then finished off at his house with Smirnoff Vodka...at about 3 or 4 am. drank all day and operated chainsaws. great mix. maybe this post should have been in the safety section...
"Learnin to still is alot like eating a dinosaur...ya gotta do it a bite at a time"
SMOKEU
Novice

Post by SMOKEU »

2 weeks ago I had one of the worst hangovers I've ever had. I could barely move and I spewed up several times. I couldn't even hold down a glass of water without it coming straight back up again.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Hope I aint reached my last one :mrgreen:
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

My last hangover was from about a gallon of Paisano and some absinthe. It was a good night, but I woke up the next morning to the alarm and the subtle feeling of someone smacking the area behind my eyes with a ballpeen hammer. Coffee came back up and I was still respirating alcohol. Went into work anyway. Took about 45 minutes for me to stop off gassing alcohol.

After that...headache in a big way.
Toughed it out though...probably beggin for a stroke...felt like it anyway.

Worst one I ever had was when we got into the hard cider. Smooth night,won at cards, got laid, went to bed....woke up blind and thinking that someone had cut out my eyes. My roomates found me in the shower singing funeral dirges and praying to pass out. I had about 70 asprin all over the floor cause I smashed the bottle because the friggin childproof cap was killing me.

I had to take 1600 mg of Motrin just to get back on my feet and go to sleep.

Havent touched hard cider again in 20 years.

SB
ScottishBoy
HD Survival in a Nutshell...
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
toofless one
Swill Maker
Location: Where I can whizz in the front yard...and nobody would ever know

Post by toofless one »

ScottishBoy wrote:Smooth night,won at cards, got laid,
Guess it wasnt ALL bad! remember it 20 years later, had to be a great time.
"Learnin to still is alot like eating a dinosaur...ya gotta do it a bite at a time"
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

Oh the night was just fine. But the price I paid the next day...I cant even look at a bottle of hard cider without feeling a little sick. My friend Ray likes to tease me and offer me some every once in a while. My reply is always " No Thanks. Learned my lesson."
ScottishBoy
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
still crazy
Rumrunner

Post by still crazy »

The best hangover trick I ever learned was from a German girl who used to work the Munich beergardens.
She told me that it was customary at the end of the night to give a free beer to anyone still there at last call this beer would prevent hangovers.
The secret "german" beer ...... Guinness. Now I have tried this multiple times, all in the interest of research, and can gladly report. That in my case it works.
Keep a steady supply of Guinness in my home fridge for that last drink of the night and toast to the buxom blondie who taught me this.
Daddy used, to say " Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Calculations don't mean shit when compared to the real world practical experience of many...RAD 9/2010
Usge
retired

Post by Usge »

Aint' that sorta like hittin your fingernail with a hammer to try and get rid of a headache?
still crazy
Rumrunner

Post by still crazy »

All I know is it works. How ?????
Few times I've skipped the Guinness I got hangovers
My buddies swear by it too
Daddy used, to say " Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Calculations don't mean shit when compared to the real world practical experience of many...RAD 9/2010
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

Guiness: It's not just for Breakfast anymore!
ScottishBoy
Usge
retired

Post by Usge »

Every have a an irish fire bomb?

Drop a shot glass of malt irish whiskey down into a pinto guinness and chug it down.

Stout/dark beer, along with red wine and heavily flavored/colored liquor is scientifically proven to give you the "worst" hangovers.

There is no cure for hangover...other than sleepin it off (which is damn impossible when you feel like rats are chewin your eyes out from the back)
They recommend plenty of "rest", water and over the counter pain killers..etc.

It reminds me of the episode of Beverly Hillbillies where Jed says Granny has a cure for the common cold. ...old folk remedy.
Very invovled..but the end results was...if you use it for a week - 10 days...you'd feel fine. :)
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

woke up blind and thinking that someone had cut out my eyes. My roomates found me in the shower singing funeral dirges and praying to pass out. I had about 70 asprin all over the floor cause I smashed the bottle because the friggin childproof cap was killing me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I do all my own stunts
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

Not exactly my finest hour...
ScottishBoy
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Usge wrote:Every have a an irish fire bomb?

Drop a shot glass of malt irish whiskey down into a pinto guinness and chug it down.
"Boiler Maker" in my dad's day. We called em "Depth Charges"

Used to enjoy a shot of ginger wine in my black and tan. Local aussie called em "Black Stump"

Two Black Stumps please.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

My last hangover is happening now. :( :( :(

That'll teach me to drink wine, even very nice wine. Hmmmmm perhaps that the problem, it was VERY nice wine, but I still have a hangover. Do ya reckon that maybe I had too much?

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
UnclePaul
Bootlegger

Post by UnclePaul »

Blanik,,
I'm proud of ya! I just hope you have all the damned beeps and bells turned off on your computer so it's real quite!
flip
Swill Maker

Post by flip »

Yes I think so,my last hangover was also the time I drank too much red wine - ooho shame on me the day there after. but thats a while ago, since I drank my own, woke up at 3 in the morning with lights on, tv on and but no headache. these days i drink much less, the wife likes me, even the dogs. so how long is it gone last? (my wife says IT BETTER LAST!)
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

LWTCS wrote:Used to enjoy a shot of ginger wine in my black and tan. Local aussie called em "Black Stump"

Two Black Stumps please.
Gives a whole new meaning to the Aussie phrase, 'beyond the black stump'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stump" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
JethroBodine
Swill Maker

Post by JethroBodine »

What's a hangover? Seriously, never had one. Just spent the weekend HAMMERED at the Harley Rendezvous and no headache, no stomach problems, nothing. Even sobered up 3 times on Saturday( loooooong day). Talk about lucky. Did get to sample a few others shine while I was there. GREAT time!!!
Master Bruce Lee said," The best style, is NO style."
I've had a LOT of practice at having no style.