How to get sober quicker

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

HookLine
retired

How to get sober quicker

Post by HookLine »

http://sciblogs.co.nz/misc-ience/2010/0 ... e-effects/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Ain't science wonderful!
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Re: How to get sober quicker

Post by LWTCS »

Do we not do this all along? :lol:

I even transfer my hooch from one vessel to the next (by pouring from a distance) in an effort to expidite the airing process.

Much like areating our wash prior to pitching, no?

Perhaps doing this prior to cocktail hour will make for good times for all? :D
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
still crazy
Rumrunner

Post by still crazy »

I saw a local news story that someone was trying to open a bar where you inhale the alcohol in thru a gasmask type device.
I may have even seen a link somewhere in here on it
Don't know if the mix the vapor with oxygen ?? More research <<<
Daddy used, to say " Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Calculations don't mean shit when compared to the real world practical experience of many...RAD 9/2010
Vodka_Master
Novice

Post by Vodka_Master »

Dissolving oxygen directly into the drink wont work that well... Alcohol dissolves less than water (thats why when diluting your 95% with water, the whole thing bubbles up, and might fog up if your water has too many minerals)

But drinking superoxigenated water in between drinks, well that has to be something to try...

Also considering this, a screwdriver can be better than rum and coke, since you will have more oxygen in the screwdriver, and the run and coke will have more CO2 due to the coke. Seems like an interesting thing to experiment on.
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

still crazy wrote:I saw a local news story that someone was trying to open a bar where you inhale the alcohol in thru a gasmask type device.
I may have even seen a link somewhere in here on it
Don't know if the mix the vapor with oxygen ?? More research <<<
Yeah, its called a vaporiser. There big in europe I think. Its basically huffing your alcohol. Turn your coolant flow off to your condenser in a small room, or have a leak in your still. it will do the same thing. I had a leak once. let me tell you, got really drunk without so much as swallowing a drop.
-Control Freak-
AKA MulekickerHDbrownNose
Ayay
Distiller

Post by Ayay »

I read on the WWW that a few drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in a glass of water will get oxygen into your system. Just sayin...there may be a connection here! (**Warning** H2O2 is drunk by many and FDA disapproves. Do your research).

The CO2 bubbles in champaigne, beer and mixers gets the alcohol to the brain quicker... http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p6712357 , seems like it's the fizz rather than the CO2.

An O2 chaser, anti-fizz ultra-flat O2 :?:
cornflakes...stripped and refluxed
toofless one
Swill Maker
Location: Where I can whizz in the front yard...and nobody would ever know

Post by toofless one »

You know what makes me drunker quicker?

NAGGING. hahahah it was a late saturday night...
"Learnin to still is alot like eating a dinosaur...ya gotta do it a bite at a time"
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I always thought that I was the only 'weirdo' in the world. I see now that I'm quite normal.

I don't have a hangover today, but I never miss my morning glass of peroxide. BELCH!!

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
coctailgirl
Novice

Post by coctailgirl »

In case you need to get sober very quick, eat a chili pepper. It makes you sober for about 20-25 minutes not more. However works quite efficient
words starting with "co" are cool such as; coctail, code, codwaw, cornelliues and so on =)
myles
retired

Post by myles »

breath oxygen. You would be surprised how many pilots sober up real fast between strapping in and taking off.
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

According to Victoria's ex-premier kennett KOOLMINTS will beat the random breath tests. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 5955860473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow Just shows that one doesn't need a brain to be a 'successful' political leader.
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
saltydawg
Novice

Post by saltydawg »

I was in the navy stationed on subs, its funny how many guys on the weekend would come in for duty day morning, go to the O2 feed crack the valve and suck on it for 5 mins.
Smokehouse Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Smokehouse Shiner »

Well I don't believe O2 will make you sober, but it will do wonders for a hangover or headache in the morning (which I dont get much any more for some reason....). I work in a welding shop and have come in many a morning and took a big hit off the O2 side of a cutting torch.
This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which God intended a more divine means of consumption...
toofless one
Swill Maker
Location: Where I can whizz in the front yard...and nobody would ever know

Post by toofless one »

Smokehouse Shiner wrote:Well I don't believe O2 will make you sober, but it will do wonders for a hangover or headache in the morning (which I dont get much any more for some reason....). I work in a welding shop and have come in many a morning and took a big hit off the O2 side of a cutting torch.
Genius
"Learnin to still is alot like eating a dinosaur...ya gotta do it a bite at a time"