How many of you are alcoholics?

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

Lyonsie
Swill Maker

Re: How many of you are alcoholics?

Post by Lyonsie »

I'm not an alcoholic, but I'm trying my hardest :lol:
I thought i was wrong once,
But then i found out i was mistaken.

Kill the women, and rape the men.
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

My wife and I drink on Friday and Saturday nights. Yes we overindulge but we are at home on the mountain so he'll with someone who don't like it. I don't usually drink during the week because I have to get up and be sharp at work.
LM Still Operating Instructions
Cranky's New Distiller's Advice
Using Google Search

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

I just installed beer taps in my living room. need I say more.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

WooTeck wrote:I just installed beer taps in my living room. need I say more.
Ummm, you don't need to say more, but do need to show more! Can we get a picture?

So, you mean like installed on the wall? Cause if that's the case I'm ripping down every damn picture off the wall. :lolno:
Last edited by ShineonCrazyDiamond on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Aye, a true Scot! if they ever hold elections for king, yer a shoo-in!
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:
Ummm, you don't need to say more, but do need to show more! Can we get a picture?

So, you mean like installed on the wall? Cause if that's the case I'm ripping down every damn picture off the wall. :lolno:
not on the wall. :lol: just a keezer build next couch. ill get a pic up later. but I think you are on to something. if I ever have a place that's big enough I will build a fake wall just to be able to have taps protrude from it.
HDNB wrote:
Aye, a true Scot! if they ever hold elections for king, yer a shoo-in!
got the 2 taps at the moment, have 4 on order. when they all arrive I plan to go round the local brewerys and have them fill my cornys. have a tap take over celebration. :D
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

WooTeck wrote:when they all arrive I plan to go round the local brewerys and have them fill my cornys.
FI'll 'em your self, ya lazy bastard. :thumbup: Ain't nothing better than your own draft on tap, and own whiskey in the bottle.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

Fill that corny with whiskey to have on tap!
Using Google Search

Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

I am an alcoholic. Drink only after 22:00 and try to limit my intake to 100 ml alcohol per evening. Do not succeed always, though.
The docter warned me that my liver is not in a good condition anymore.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

In Oz lately we are told increasingly how to live and what is bad for us complete with a range of vise taxes for our our "own good". Second only to smokes is spirits at over $80 dollars a litre tax. I think good linker, moderation and activity are key to health. My Granny likes a drink and is three months off a hundred years old, they say her Granddad over indulged and he was killed by a stripper at 96. Now her father I never knew, he rarely drank and never saw 60. Being an alcoholic is more about if you need to drink than if you do. If its endangering your health then it is up to the individual to recognize the problem and reduce their consumption IMHO
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

thecroweater wrote:In Oz lately we are told increasingly how to live and what is bad for us complete with a range of vise taxes for our our "own good". Second only to smokes is spirits at over $80 dollars a litre tax. I think good linker, moderation and activity are key to health. My Granny likes a drink and is three months off a hundred years old, they say her Granddad over indulged and he was killed by a stripper at 96. Now her father I never knew, he rarely drank and never saw 60. Being an alcoholic is more about if you need to drink than if you do. If its endangering your health then it is up to the individual to recognize the problem and reduce their consumption IMHO
Well , you met my Dad and had a couple drinks with him at S3 16 . He is 89 . Still farms , drives , and consumes a liter of whiskey each week . Been my experience in my area that there are more old drunks than there are old doctors . Let's have another round .....................
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Lyonsie
Swill Maker

Post by Lyonsie »

I worked on a site about 15 years ago with a bricklayer that drank 15 to 20 pints of guinness every day. (he still does). Anyway at the time he had kidney problems and had to go to hospital. When he came back at tea time in the hut he told us the doc asked him how much he drank every week. And he replied about 60 pints. He said the doctor nearly fell off his chair. His next comment was thank fuck I didn't tell him the truth. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought i was wrong once,
But then i found out i was mistaken.

Kill the women, and rape the men.
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

I prefer alcohol enthusiasts.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:
WooTeck wrote:when they all arrive I plan to go round the local brewerys and have them fill my cornys.
FI'll 'em your self, ya lazy bastard. :thumbup: Ain't nothing better than your own draft on tap, and own whiskey in the bottle.
I've got 15 full at the moment. I just like the idea of having a local brewery tap take over in the flat.

Waiting on a few more taps and a pretty temp controller to arrive.
IMG-20161024-WA0000-800x450.jpeg
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

my wife don't mind if i drink or brew.
but she says me eyeball go haywire when drinkin shine and she don't like that
she gives me shit next day.
wish i could brew just to give it away.just for the fun
like i say to people,its like making maple syrup,but all year round.
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
bronctoad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bronctoad »

I'm not sure if my drinking problems would be considered alcoholic in nature or lack of alcohol. I started brewing and distilling at the same time, and have a few friends that I share my wares with for "tasting" :D purposes sometimes while imbibing I share too much. :oops: which leads to excessive aggravation when later in the weeks when I have to get store bought to see me through till next cycle comes available :evil: brew/boil cycle is 2 to 6 weeks sometimes that's ...upsetting!! :cry:
Boda Getta
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Boda Getta »

I drink every day....... 2 1/2 oz of my make (single malt of late), neat, sitting on my back porch drinking a cup of coffee that I blended and roasted and smoking a cigar I rolled.
Does that make me an alcoholic??

BG
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

I am a part time alcoholic. Fridays and Saturdays. Does that just make me an alcohol enthusiast too?
Using Google Search

Farmboy
Novice

Post by Farmboy »

I'm doing pretty good, got the wife drinking my stuff now. Wait, that may not sound right! lol
MLPTroll074
Novice

Post by MLPTroll074 »

Alcoholics go to meetings. I don't do meetings.
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

MLPTroll074 wrote:Alcoholics go to meetings. I don't do meetings.
ha!!!
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

I remember our kids came home from school after a talk they had at PE and announced that me and mrs yummy ticked the. boxes for both Binge drinking and Alcoholics .
Well I am happy to say that of our three kids all now in their 20s one might have a drink a year and the other two have 1 beer a night . Maybe we set a bad example for them but they turned out OK :thumbup:

Am I an alcoholic ? Well recently I had to stop drinking for a month prior to an operation . I was seriously dreading it thinking I would not be able to cope ..... turns out I was perfectly able to cope and it has given me a break from drinking that I have really appreciated . I am now drinking in moderation and for th pleasure of the drink rather than to get pissed .
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

amen yummy
its always more fun to drink for pleasure
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

And having been drinking with yumrum at a resent meeting I would a said he was more pleasure than moderate ,just as the pot noticed the kettle was black
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

thecroweater wrote:And having been drinking with yumrum at a resent meeting I would a said he was more pleasure than moderate ,just as the pot noticed the kettle was black
Never have truer words been spoken :lol:
BloodMoses
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BloodMoses »

Drank too much in college and would get to that level a few times a year post college. When I was about 26 I went to a beer fest and drank myself to a massive hangover. Decided I was done waking up like that. Present day I will have 1 drink a few times a week and 2 on special occasions. Being a distiller does make it hard though. On the other hand, when you distill and smell 90% ethenol you really start to think about how you don't want too much of that in your body ha :esurprised:
BloodMoses
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BloodMoses »

Truckinbutch wrote:
thecroweater wrote:In Oz lately we are told increasingly how to live and what is bad for us complete with a range of vise taxes for our our "own good". Second only to smokes is spirits at over $80 dollars a litre tax. I think good linker, moderation and activity are key to health. My Granny likes a drink and is three months off a hundred years old, they say her Granddad over indulged and he was killed by a stripper at 96. Now her father I never knew, he rarely drank and never saw 60. Being an alcoholic is more about if you need to drink than if you do. If its endangering your health then it is up to the individual to recognize the problem and reduce their consumption IMHO
Well , you met my Dad and had a couple drinks with him at S3 16 . He is 89 . Still farms , drives , and consumes a liter of whiskey each week . Been my experience in my area that there are more old drunks than there are old doctors . Let's have another round .....................
Granddad and his 15 brothers are all Irish immigrant farmers that drink like fish, smoke like chimneys, and eat like shit. They are all still kicking into their 90s and most maintain small farms, still drinking. I on the otherhand drink in moderation, eat well, and swim a couple miles a day. I always say I will probably die by 50 in ultimate irony of my family that does everything wrong and gets to live forever :?
Boda Getta
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Boda Getta »

Not a joking matter; this is not a good hobby for an alcoholic. I've found I enjoy making it more than I do drinking it. I limit myself to 1 2-3 oz drink neat, just before bed while enjoying a good cigar. That's about 7 gals a year, I make 8-9 gals per year and give some away to close friends.

BG
BloodMoses
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BloodMoses »

boda getta wrote:Not a joking matter; this is not a good hobby for an alcoholic. I've found I enjoy making it more than I do drinking it. I limit myself to 1 2-3 oz drink neat, just before bed while enjoying a good cigar. That's about 7 gals a year, I make 8-9 gals per year and give some away to close friends.

BG
Agree - honestly like the planning, process, and record keeping of the actual process way more than the drinking. Although there is nothing better than a good drink you made yourself. I had limited myself to a drink a night way before distilling, but I honestly learning about the whole process made me fully realize you are drinking fuel and best limit yourself. With that being said, alcoholism runs rampent in my family (one of the reasons I actively limit myself) and real alcoholism is nothing to laugh about and I have witnessed it first hand destroy the lives of the alcoholic and people that care about them. My Dad is one of 9 and six of his siblings are alcoholics or recovering alcoholics. As for my Dad, due to growing up dealing with his Dad, he has never touched booze, but between being an engineer and plenty of quality time with his sons, he does love to distill with my brother and I. He has a top notch nose for cuts for someone who had never touched the stuff :)
chickenfeed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by chickenfeed »

BloodMoses wrote:
boda getta wrote:Not a joking matter; this is not a good hobby for an alcoholic. I've found I enjoy making it more than I do drinking it. I limit myself to 1 2-3 oz drink neat, just before bed while enjoying a good cigar. That's about 7 gals a year, I make 8-9 gals per year and give some away to close friends.

BG
Agree - honestly like the planning, process, and record keeping of the actual process way more than the drinking. Although there is nothing better than a good drink you made yourself. I had limited myself to a drink a night way before distilling, but I honestly learning about the whole process made me fully realize you are drinking fuel and best limit yourself. With that being said, alcoholism runs rampent in my family (one of the reasons I actively limit myself) and real alcoholism is nothing to laugh about and I have witnessed it first hand destroy the lives of the alcoholic and people that care about them. My Dad is one of 9 and six of his siblings are alcoholics or recovering alcoholics. As for my Dad, due to growing up dealing with his Dad, he has never touched booze, but between being an engineer and plenty of quality time with his sons, he does love to distill with my brother and I. He has a top notch nose for cuts for someone who had never touched the stuff :)
My parents never drank my son has never drank and is 23 perhaps I'm that middle generation but I often go for weeks without drinking or I might have a drink several days in a row I do know that since I started this hobby I haven't made a trip to the liquor store