Whiskey Glass

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

Whiskey Glass

Post by Bushman »

Cool looking whiskey glass but wonder if it's claims are true. Also expensive.
http://www.norlanglass.com/?utm_source= ... nge-whisky" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Whiskey Glass

Post by bitter »

To me it is doing similar to what a Glencairn glass does.

Glencairn glass does make a difference to me.

B
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Bushman wrote:Cool looking whiskey glass but wonder if it's claims are true. Also expensive.
http://www.norlanglass.com/?utm_source= ... nge-whisky" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
I'll let you know when mine arrive :-)
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Give a full report when it arrives.

B
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Man. Maybe I'm just not sophisticated enough. They are fancy and would love to have them but a bit out of my price range. I get most of my fancy glass ware from goodwill for dirt cheap.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Post by dieselduo »

Here's a cheaper version of the Glencairn. I've been using them because they keep getting broken. I can't tell difference https://www.amazon.com/Bellemain-Oz-Whi ... hen&sr=1-6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I would like a report as well, We have all types of glasses as my wife has the fancy ones in glass door cabinets and they only come out on special occasions. I have 4 glasses that are absinthe specific.
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Bushman wrote:I would like a report as well, We have all types of glasses as my wife has the fancy ones in glass door cabinets and they only come out on special occasions. I have 4 glasses that are absinthe specific.
I love my two absinthe glasses. Nothing fancy but I do have a glass brouille for each. Odd really because I don't like anise flavoured drinks much.

I was an early backer for the Nolan glasses. Only got a pair for me and the missus. I don't even have room for them in the cupboard. She's gonna kill me when they arrive.

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

"Scent Delivery" -- Your nose fits into the glass.

"Social Engagement" -- Made of space age glass that is transparent.

"Fluid Dynamics" -- It's round!

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice glass, but their whole schtick makes it sound like ads for a new toothbrush.

"We've put more bristles on a stick! Some go this way! Some go that way! MORE BRISTLES!!"
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

So they arrived this morning! And after a short pause to allow the sun to pass the yard-arm I opened the package and gave one a try...
Nice and fancy looking packaging...
Nice and fancy looking packaging...
Double walled with a hollow between the two. Certainly looks cool... but does it actually do anything?<br />Insulation I suppose.
Double walled with a hollow between the two. Certainly looks cool... but does it actually do anything?
Insulation I suppose.
Top down view... you can see the 'fins' in the bowl that are supposed to release more of the aromatics...
Top down view... you can see the 'fins' in the bowl that are supposed to release more of the aromatics...
Verdict:- I'm quite pleased with these glasses. I was an early backer so I got them cheaper than RRP - not sure I'd buy themat full price. Still, they look pretty cool and certainly the Bruichladdich tasted amazing with a drop of spring water to open up the flavours. (It does always taste very nice though). Would probably make a good gift for a friend who likes good hooch if you can't work out what else to get them.

Any questions? Hit me up.

Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Thanks for the update was wondering if we would get a report back. I have to admit they do have a cool factor! :D
masonsjax
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by masonsjax »

Anyone have the Neat glasses? I need a couple of new glasses and have been debating whether to get them or Glencairn.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Q5HWVBS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Thanks for the report Mickey.

B
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I've never seen the neat glasses before but do have the Glencairn. Just looking at them I am not sure they would be as easy to hold.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

I was served a drink in a restraint with a neet glass. It does similar things that the glenclairin glass does. I did nto like that when you hold the glass it warms things. I often just sip on a drink over a long time and after a bit it got too warm for me.

B
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Bitter, I had the same thoughts that the neat glass would warm up because of it's shape.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

I mentioned to them about the glencarin being favorable and why so next time I was in they served my drink in one. I like the glencarin much better myself. Mind you only used the neet glass once.

B
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Just a small suplimental comment...

Because of the double walled nature of these glasses the they have an unusually thick rim... drinking from them feels a bit odd if your used to drinking from a single walled glass.

Further testing required I think.

Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Mikey-moo wrote:Just a small suplimental comment...

Because of the double walled nature of these glasses the they have an unusually thick rim... drinking from them feels a bit odd if your used to drinking from a single walled glass.

Further testing required I think.
I've drank from some pretty thick bottles so that would not be a problem. I am not sure I want to spend the money but may put them on my Christmas list as they really have a cool factor to them.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

And I thought these glasses were expensive?
http://www.distillerytrail.com/blog/gra ... price-30k/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

bitter wrote:I mentioned to them about the glencarin being favorable and why so next time I was in they served my drink in one. I like the glencarin much better myself. Mind you only used the neet glass once.
B
Damn Bitter, you either spend too much time in this place, or you tip like a prince!

i just ordered up some neat glasses to compare to the glencairn.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Nope lol when I was there was the first time ever darkened there door and made the comment... Second time was with a work party and they remembered me I guess. Maybe people do not mention things in a higher priced/class places. Or maybe I just stick out some much as being out of place lol Hillbilly goes to high class restaurant. Maybe they should make a show like this.

I do have a couple friends that are chefs than they get me to do tastings for them and get my opinion every once and a bit when they are coming up with new dishes. Ask pythonshine and Yak I'm a pretty simple guy and I cook simple also.. But they did not complain... because if they did they would have been doing the cooking ;)

B
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Post by dieselduo »

Here's a cheaper alternative to Glencairn's. I've broken so many I tried these and like them just as well as the Glencairn
https://www.amazon.com/Bellemain-Oz-Whi ... rbon+glass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
hugotolomei
Novice

Post by hugotolomei »

Glencairn is a good glass (good price as well)
Neat is fantastic.
I like this one >> Tequila Glass by Historically Modern Designs
http://www.bartoolsboss.com/part/14107729/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Pretty nice :clap:
Cheers.