Popcorn Sutton White Lightning

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

seamusm53
Site Donor
Site Donor

Popcorn Sutton White Lightning

Post by seamusm53 »

Moderator, please forgive me if this is the wrong Board Forum.
Please don't take this as a specific criticism of this product but I just bought a bottle of a white lightning labeled with Popcorn Sutton's name. I presume using his shine recipe. I was floored that the smell was exactly the same as some of my original corn/sugar distillations done without much in the way of personal experience re:cuts. Raw and sharp with a definite heads/tails scent. Sipping some of this, I quickly realized that my nose and palate have become more discerning and that there is hope for me yet in this hobby. I'm gonna add this bottle to my next run - the alcohol won't go to waste but I like my whiskey neat with a single cube of ice and have grown to appreciate the skill required to make something palatable without adulteration. Much thanks to the hundreds of contributors to this forum. Keep on mashin.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Popcorn Sutton White Lightning

Post by Bigbob »

Look at you....turning into a whisky snob!!! :thumbup: Happens to all of us! Good on you!!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Bigbob wrote:Look at you....turning into a whisky snob!!! :thumbup: Happens to all of us! Good on you!!
He really has moved to the 'DarkSide' hasn't he , Bob . :clap:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Leave it on your shelf so that you can remind yourself and your visitors how bad it can get.