Too much alcohol?

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Too much alcohol?

Post by Hank Reardon »

I get the importance of labeling anything for consumption. But this looks like a few of our Canadian friends may have finally gotten a good deal on a commercial spirit. :)

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... lp00000058&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Gin recalled after containing 77 percent alcohol
Anna Iovine, AOL.comMay 4th 2017 9:33AM

Canada is experiencing a nation-wide recall of Bombay Sapphire London Dry Gin. The pull comes from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency after it was discovered that bottles had much more alcohol than advertised.

Before it was nationally recalled, some local agencies issued their own. The Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) was the first to remove all bottles from stores.

In a statement LCBO said, "This recall was initiated after an investigation by LCBO Quality Assurance revealed a deviation in the stated 40 percent alcohol content by volume. The affected lot L16304w has alcohol content by volume of 77 percent."

The CFIA said it is conducting an investigation, but no illnesses have been reported.

This is not the only recent ABV incident in Ontario, Canada according to The Globe and Mail. In March, Georgian Bay was not correctly made so bottles contained over double the amount of alcohol advertised: 81 percent instead of 40 percent.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Too much alcohol?

Post by Truckinbutch »

Hang on to what you got for speculation . I think someone in the regulatory agency screwed up big time and may be looking for employment . If I am wrong we better be grabbing it off the shelves here in the States .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .