Anyone try Tuthilltowns Hudson Baby Bourbon?

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

Antler24
Trainee

Anyone try Tuthilltowns Hudson Baby Bourbon?

Post by Antler24 »

Has anyone tried this? Its distilled in New York using a 100% corn mash. If that's not odd enough for a bourbon it's aged for 3 months, in 3 gallon new white oak barrels. I'd like to try it myself but it's not available near me, and I'm kinda glad it isn't, at a price tage of $40 for a 375ml bottle. Ive read several reviews and all I've read say it's a wonderful drop.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
HDNB
Site Mod

Re: Anyone try Tuthilltowns Hudson Baby Bourbon?

Post by HDNB »

yeah it's not bad. and for sure it's spendy...about 55CDN / 375 here. personally i didn't think it was special so i ain't parting with that kind of dough again. buffalo trace for 43 a crock is superior to me at close to 1/3 the price.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Been in touch with those folks a number of times over the years. They used to be HD members. Not sure if they are still around.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

The Baby Bourbon is nice, but it doesn't hold a match to their "4 Grain". That stuff is excellent, but it's about $60 for a 375ml. That's steep!
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

HDNB wrote:yeah it's not bad. and for sure it's spendy...about 55CDN / 375 here. personally i didn't think it was special so i ain't parting with that kind of dough again. buffalo trace for 43 a crock is superior to me at close to 1/3 the price.
Where's "here" if you don't mind me asking. I'm on the rock, but work takes me all over the eastern half of the country. Perhaps we can meet swap a sample of our own.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Antler24 wrote:
HDNB wrote:yeah it's not bad. and for sure it's spendy...about 55CDN / 375 here. personally i didn't think it was special so i ain't parting with that kind of dough again. buffalo trace for 43 a crock is superior to me at close to 1/3 the price.
Where's "here" if you don't mind me asking. I'm on the rock, but work takes me all over the eastern half of the country. Perhaps we can meet swap a sample of our own.
much closer to newfieland west (ft mac) than the real rock. Next time you are in Alberta let me know...i got a little founder's reserve saved up for special guests.

BTW, i wasn't knocking the Hudson stuff... the quality is there, the price is just a bit steep for a cheap bastard like me. I'd be drinking Glenfarclas 20 or 25 yr old at basically the same price, and enjoy it more.

Good on them though, if they can get that kind of money for young bourbon!
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

HDNB wrote:
Antler24 wrote:
much closer to newfieland west (ft mac) than the real rock. Next time you are in Alberta let me know...i got a little founder's reserve saved up for special guests.

BTW, i wasn't knocking the Hudson stuff... the quality is there, the price is just a bit steep for a cheap bastard like me. I'd be drinking Glenfarclas 20 or 25 yr old at basically the same price, and enjoy it more.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks! I'm sure it's good, I just can't see me spending that kinda money for it. I've been looking everywhere for a bottle of Elmer T Lee, that's a bourbon I just gotta try.
Swedish Pride wrote:
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

HDNB wrote:
Antler24 wrote:

I was supposed to be heading to ft Mac this week I was going to pm you when I was getting close but I missed the load by 30 minutes, lol
Swedish Pride wrote:
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

I talk to this guy at another place, I think he's been pretty busy of late. Not tried anything of his but have read about them and reviews
Without going too far off topic I'll add that when I visited Buffalo Trace they were bottling Elmer T Lee, Blantons is actually the whiskey he developed. I won't say to much about Buff as that subject could fill its own thread.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin