just found this about Alaska

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

just found this about Alaska

Post by BoomTown »

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_new ... b2370.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Alaska House OKs bill letting distilleries sell directly to consumers
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
dirtymax731
Swill Maker

Re: just found this about Alaska

Post by dirtymax731 »

That's awesome! The three tier system is by that makes it difficult for any small time guy. Wish more states would... like mine ha :D
Sent while napping in a cherry orchard
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Alaska is not the only state.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
soulevs
Novice

Post by soulevs »

LWTCS wrote:Alaska is not the only state.
What other states do?

And BTW, this is awesome! Would love to see all states adopt this style of thinking. The restrictions put on craft distillers truly boggles my mind. I don't doubt it's the work of lobbying done by the large distillers trying to squeeze off the competition, but you'd think at least a few politicians would have the sense to spot monopolizing when it happens.
Soggy Bottom Boy
Rumrunner
Location: Somewhere to the north of the.. ..Peoples Яepublik of Kalifoяnia

Post by Soggy Bottom Boy »

In Oregon and Washington, micro/craft distilleries can sell and have tasting rooms on their premises if they have the right permits/licensing.
"Well, ......I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!" ...Ulysses Everett McGill

"Good thing you found HD. It's like the mythbusters of distilling." ...Prairiepiss
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

soulevs wrote:
LWTCS wrote:Alaska is not the only state.
What other states do?

And BTW, this is awesome! Would love to see all states adopt this style of thinking. The restrictions put on craft distillers truly boggles my mind. I don't doubt it's the work of lobbying done by the large distillers trying to squeeze off the competition, but you'd think at least a few politicians would have the sense to spot monopolizing when it happens.
Not when their back pocket keeps getting fatter and fatter . They know which side their bread is being buttered on .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
soulevs
Novice

Post by soulevs »

I grew up in a dry town, and was fortunate enough to see a modern prohibition turn into less and less restrictive laws. I thought it was cool anyway, to see the progression of logic-based laws win out over fear-mongering ones.

I think it's easy to paint all politicians with the same brush and say they are all corrupt, but all it takes is a couple good ones to point out something's wrong. I think there's more to it than just having the big distillers in their pocket. I wouldn't doubt the anti-alcohol groups like MADD who oppose anything related to the word alcohol have something to do with it.

But, I'm about as knowledgeable in political science as a hamster is in quantum physics. So maybe I should quit my yappin....
DukeBoxer
Bootlegger

Post by DukeBoxer »

New York and Vermont also do this. I've visited distilleries in both states and was able to taste and buy product directly
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

Arkansas allows distillery to sell for "Off Premises Consumption" 24/7/365...
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

Alaska's situation is news because it demonstrates the liberalization of state laws that is progressively making Craft Distilling a workable business model. The day has to come when the cartel of distributors no longer control the shelf space in the retail outlets, but we are definitely seeing progress, as the recent re-evaluation of the laws in Alaska demonstrate.
“…Let’s do this one more time....”