Legalizing Hobby Distilling in the US

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Brewhaus
Swill Maker

Re: Legalizing Hobby Distilling in the US

Post by Brewhaus »

Thank you! :-)
Intimnasc
Novice

Post by Intimnasc »

I would like to see if maybe we can get a better written form letter for sending to representatives. I am not a very good writer and had to some copy paste things as my words never look the same on paper as they sound in my head.
If a Frog had wings
Would he bump his A__
Brewhaus
Swill Maker

Post by Brewhaus »

Which form letter are you referring to? We have a couple of letters that can be downloaded and sent in. There is even one specifically asking Sen. Cornyn (one of our TX Senators, who, as luck would have it, sits on the Senate Finance Committee) to sponsor our Bill. That letter was written by our lobbyist, as he knows best how to approach these things. You can find the letter at http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.o ... ornyn.docx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow. All TX residents with an interest in seeing hobby distilling legalized should send that letter to Sen. Cornyn's office. You can mail a copy, but it is best to e-mail, as physical mail to Senate offices goes through several tests for various things. You can just use the contact form on his website- http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/public/ind ... ontactForm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow.
Intimnasc
Novice

Post by Intimnasc »

I guess I missed the Cornyn letter. I sent him one of the others but it was much more generic.
If a Frog had wings
Would he bump his A__
Brewhaus
Swill Maker

Post by Brewhaus »

The Cornyn letter is not up on the downloads page because it is specific to TX residents. It is only accessible by direct link.