Continue to Support Legalization efforts

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Continue to Support Legalization efforts

Post by varocketry »

Let's continue to support hobby distilling legalization efforts being led by the Hobby Distillers Association in Washington, DC.
100% of the HDA membership dues and vendor support goes to pay the lobbyist in Washington. The latest interest on the Senate side is Senator Tester, who is chairman of the Craft Brewers Caucus, and Sen Cornyn. Current updates and news is available on the http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org HDA website.

Renewals are due now and are off from last year's levels. Please do consider renewing or showing your support for this important efforts.

The Denton (TX) Chronicle had this article on their front page recently:

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/loca ... g-hope.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow.

[/end of article - pic of God's support follows]
churchsign.jpg
-Just need something else to build. -
dstaines
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Continue to Support Legalization efforts

Post by dstaines »

Also please notice that Brewhaus has added a Donation button, that works through PayPal. If you have already renewed you membership and want to do more, you can contribute any amount that you want toward the cause. I'm going to donate another $10 right now.
I buy all my liquor at the hardware store.
Va_Firewater
Novice

Post by Va_Firewater »

Signed up for new membership there. $30
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

I got the PAYPAL function working (my issues!) and renewed myself. $30.
-Just need something else to build. -
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

I renewed with a life membership, but anything people can afford helps.

Love the picture, varocketry!

The organization is doing very well and we're poised to make a substantial impact this year, as long as we can keep the ball rolling. Please renew your memberships! And for anyone who is already registered, please give your senators and congressmen another push! All the documentation you need is available on the HDA website. The more they hear us, the more likely we will be to get this bill introduced and passed this year. It's probably been about a year since most people have sent letters/emails and that's long enough for politicians to completely forget about their constituents' requests.

Come on everyone... we need to get at them before their summer vacation! It's time to get some return for all that tax money they get paid with!
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org