question.....

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

bobsuruncle
Novice

question.....

Post by bobsuruncle »

I REALLY think I make a product that is superior to a commercial product... yet I still want to go commercial.

My question is: Why does the agricultural market support ANY food provider that makes Inferior products with lawyers and lobbyists and billions of dollars, yet not support the use of their produce by people at home, who want to take that product through several stages on their own, to make something that you can consume, that will literally impact health LESS than the way their produce is currently impacting our nation????

If I came up with a recipe that uses corn that is highly processed to flavor a bun that I use on a coyote burger, the corn industry would help me fight for less regulation on wild coyote meat... yet if I want to make a tasty beverage, they say I have to deal with the regulations in place....

why is the consumable alcohol industry in America so protected from upstarts, when if I want to be a competitor to Burger King, I can be within weeks with minimal investment......?
rad14701
retired

Re: question.....

Post by rad14701 »

Because you are talking about alcohol which is highly controlled, taxed, and regulated - at the legal level...

As for the agricultural market, they really don't care who purchases and uses their product just as long as they get it sold, hopefully, at a profit... Just like silverware manufacturers don't give a squat whether their utensils are used to shovel upscale restaurant or garbage food into the mouths of the end users... Does a shovel manufacturer care whether you use their product to shovel gold laden gravel or horse shit...??? Think about it... Those manufacturers just want to sell silverware shovels...
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

Yup...it's all about the taxes.

Why do you think a pack of cigarettes is so damn expensive...not because of the production costs, or even the supply chain of hands that touches it. It's about "a greedy uncle" wanting to pocket as much money off of the public's vices as possible....addiction affliction.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

GrassHopper wrote:This has been seen before by some I'm sure, but it seemed fitting here.

Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table At which he’s fed.
Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, Teach him taxes Are the rule.
Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts Anyway!
Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.
Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work, Tax his dirt.
Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he tries to think.
Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, If he cries, then tax his tears.
Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways To tax his ass.
Tax all he has Then let him know, That you won’t be done till he has no dough.
When he screams and hollers Then tax him more,
Tax him till he’s good and sore.
Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in Which he’s laid.
Put these words Upon his tomb, ‘Taxes drove me to my doom.. . ‘
When he’s gone, Do not relax, Its time to apply The inheritance tax.

Author?
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Maritimer
Rumrunner

Post by Maritimer »

Don't forget the tax on tax. You pay sales tax but then you pay income tax on the money you used to pay sales tax.