Vetting Process

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Vetting Process

Post by SmokyMtn »

Another hobby of mine is ham radio. If you're not familiar you can Google the subject. But it is controlled by the government and has a vetting process- testing. You have to show that you are capable of operation through testing prior to use.

You could test general knowledge, safety, proper operation, storage. Has anyone tossed around an idea similar? I would think the US would be more comfortable saying yes to the hobby if there were some type of testing.
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
BlackStrap
Swill Maker

Re: Vetting Process

Post by BlackStrap »

But it is controlled by the government and has a vetting process
So much for being the land of the free :(

My state controls the liquor sales, through state liquor sales.
First off realize the government does care about you unless it's your vote and their money...

#1 There are big companies that lobby to make sure it stays illegal to distill at home.
#2 It's a means of control. (most states allow the use of a still, but it must be registered (along with your personal information) with the ATF. This way they then have a means (an excuse) to check up on you.

This whole thing with distilling at home came from the United States first president George Washington. After the victory over the Brits. (taxation without representation and unfair trading practices, among other things) was the reason for the war in the first place... Good ole President George put a tax on whiskey. Imagine that? here's the kicker in this tale...George already had himself a distillery, then sent the United States Militia, (talk about abuse of power) to squash the revolt of the Whiskey rebellion in Pennsylvania https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Rebellion

I'll vote with you to make this hobby legal... but just like filling out the legal paperwork to own a still legally, only gives them access and an X on the spot where to look.
Most questions can be answered here http://homedistiller.org/ and here http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=46

The one who cuts the firewood gets twice the warmth
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

the FAA made 13 of my helicopters and quads illegal with the stroke of a pen.

your paperwork is not in order!
be water my friend
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

BlackStrap wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:52 pm So much for being the land of the free
It never was.. We can say good by to the little freedom, or what is lefted from today on, with the new world order coming down the pipeline.. in a few years we will have to behave as sheep to which we are already doing..

Sad but it will be so.. forget about getting it legal.. making it legal will not change what we can do today..

Enjoy what we have right now, and that apply world wide..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Post by SmokyMtn »

Assuming at some point it does become legal. I assure you it will be controlled by the government. They're not just going to give free reign.
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
Bubbles2
Novice

Post by Bubbles2 »

BlackStrap wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:52 pm
But it is controlled by the government and has a vetting process
So much for being the land of the free :(

My state controls the liquor sales, through state liquor sales.
First off realize the government does care about you unless it's your vote and their money...

#1 There are big companies that lobby to make sure it stays illegal to distill at home.
#2 It's a means of control. (most states allow the use of a still, but it must be registered (along with your personal information) with the ATF. This way they then have a means (an excuse) to check up on you.

This whole thing with distilling at home came from the United States first president George Washington. After the victory over the Brits. (taxation without representation and unfair trading practices, among other things) was the reason for the war in the first place... Good ole President George put a tax on whiskey. Imagine that? here's the kicker in this tale...George already had himself a distillery, then sent the United States Militia, (talk about abuse of power) to squash the revolt of the Whiskey rebellion in Pennsylvania https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Rebellion

I'll vote with you to make this hobby legal... but just like filling out the legal paperwork to own a still legally, only gives them access and an X on the spot where to look.
They decided to tax liquor to pay back war bonds to the wealthy. Irony~ When it's the wealthy who enjoy the fruits of war, while the poor pay the price.

Prohibition started by a group of woman and a few nut-less husbands, Remember it only takes 3 to create a Holocaust.