Is there any fuel use?

Alcohol is an inexpensive, clean and renewable fuel source.

Moderator: Site Moderator

ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Re: Is there any fuel use?

Post by ga flatwoods »

Yep, I burnt down Truckinbutch's Liars Bench with some! LOL
Ant killer, grease remover, fingernail polish remover if you use WM, windshield washer solvent , fake stash tonhide real stuff from theft, etc...
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

You could add some to your fuel tank. 95% would be best. Less water. The gas you buy has up to 10% in it already. As long as you don't to overboard with it. Bit it ain't worth trying to make enough fuel to really do anything.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

Depends on the car. E-85 ready could run on well E-85. But any other car may or may not give you problems. Depending on how much is used. Adjustments would be needed for higher amounts. And personaly I wouldn't go over 25% in a non E-85 car.

Now if it was the zombie apocalypse. Dump it all in and pray it works.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

If you were to suddenly fill up your tank with high proof ethanol after running only gasoline for a long time, it would run like crap. Gasoline runs real dirty and gunks up anything exposed to it. The ethanol is a solvent and will begin cleaning all that gasoline crap out of your fuel system and send it to your engine. Takes a couple of tanks of ethanol before things are cleaned out good.

Also, if it's not an e85 ready engine, you would need to make some changes to your injectors to get it to run right, or buy a $500 converter kit to make it run right with the pure ethanol. Besides the fact that the ethanol would cost way more than gasoline and give about 20% less MPG.

Just sayin',
S-C
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

I'm waiting for the compressed air fueled car. Been several years since I heard anything about them. They were first marketed in India. It has a couple of compressed air cylinders under the floor board and goes a couple hundred miles on a fill up. It uses pretty much the same type of piston driven engine as a gasoline powered car. The exhaust is so cool that it's used to air condition the car. It can also use vegetable oil as a lubricant because it runs so cool. Has a built in compressor so you can just plug into an electrical outlet to recharge the cylinders.

This ain't the Liar's Bench - God's honest truth.

Just sayin',
S-C
frozenthunderbolt
Distiller

Post by frozenthunderbolt »

The more ethanol in the fuel, the faster it will eat your pipes, tubes and gaskets.
Just saying ;-)

IMHO not worth it unless your car is already spec for it, or you are REALLY desparate to get somewhere and have nothing else to use.
Where has all the rum gone? . . .

rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Why would anyone pay $500 for a conversion kit so they can put 95% ethanol in, which carries 5% water along with it, just so they can get ~25% less fuel mileage...??? And have to work around the clock to make enough ethanol to add to the gasoline...??? It just doesn't make sense any way you slice it...
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

An E-85 engine has much harder valve seats than a reg engine and You could suffer damage on that also. E85 or ethanol will eat up anything rubber or gaskets and what it comes in contact with either in liquid form or vapor form. (aka what frozen thunderbolt said). Did I mention that you more than likely have a plastic gas tank. I wonder if you put 95% alcohol in a plastic tank what residule you would have in your injectors to stop them up. You are you going to get 20%-40% less MPG and spend $500 for converter your engine is not gonna last as long. SC is right gasoline burns dirty and gunks everything up. Gasohol or ethanol will help clean that gunk out but run like shit for at least 2 tanks because its gettn the gunk out. It also has less power. I have never done it but if it runs as bad as I think, in a new car it might throw codes and cost you more to gut them cut off if you can't get them cut off at your local advance auto. IF you are going to do this I think I recommend trying it in your X wifes car first. Have you noticed in the past 10 years that your vehicle doesn't get the MPG that it used to? Stop by your local small engine place and ask them what the number 1 thing causes small engines to fail. They will hand you a carb off lawn mower or weed eater and tell you ethanonl in gas. It eats the shit out of rubber and gaskets. Ethanol as known as cheap ass gas that cost a fortune.

Did I mention it makes great weed killer?
orrisd92
Novice

Post by orrisd92 »

it can be used to make bio-diesel , but even then it has to be extremely pure and dry , usually needs to go through a molecular siev