syngenta gmo corn - expresses amylase

Alcohol is an inexpensive, clean and renewable fuel source.

Moderator: Site Moderator

nonce
Novice

syngenta gmo corn - expresses amylase

Post by nonce »

http://tinyurl.com/2rk35q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

---
A new cheaper way of liquifying corn starch for biofuel production is making its way to the market from Swiss biotechnology company Syngenta (Syngenta AG (ADR) Public, NYSE:SYT)

Syngenta have developed a catalyst works in water that's hotter even than boiling water.

This a real step forward for renewable fuels technology that will improve the economics of greenhouse gas emission control via biofuels, and add value at the farm-gate to corn grains used for fuels.

Syngenta has developed their heat-resistant amylase starch liquification catalyst (AMY797E) to be expressed in corn Line 3272 grain crops that are destined for dry-grind fuel ethanol production in the United States.
---
Old_Blue
Rumrunner

Post by Old_Blue »

To quote from the website:
Corn Amylase Improves the Efficiency of Ethanol Production

Syngenta is developing a genetically modified strain of corn that expresses high levels of alpha amylase—a thermal-tolerant digestive enzyme developed by Diversa that turns the corn’s starch into sugar for ethanol.
Patience people, they're laying it in our laps.

All I need a bushel of seed. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Fire is the devil’s only friend - Don McLean
Jump in where you can and hang on - Brisco Darling
alice
Swill Maker

Post by alice »

Hmm, might be time to tune up the tractor.... 8)
AlaskaHooch
Novice

Re: syngenta gmo corn - expresses amylase

Post by AlaskaHooch »

Kinda stumbled onto this. I know a lot of people will hurl the "no GM only organic"grenade at me but I just want to know if there is anything new as far as someone like little ol me getting my hands on this kind of corn? Seen lots of talk on the web about it but no news on how to get it.

AlaskaHooch
10 gallon SS milk can, 5 gallon SS thumper and a copper worm.
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

"I just want to know if there is anything new as far as someone like little ol me getting my hands on this kind of corn?"

never happen,,all that stuff is patented and no way you will even git a sniff.
they also "install" a "terminal" jean.
okie
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by okie »

I've read a lot about GMO crops and the rosy picture the chemical company paints isn't what happens in real life. For one, they put a pesticide in the genes, and a gene that can resist roundup. This is so the corn doesn't need much spraying to kill insects and if weeds overtake a field, they can spray roundup on it which won't kill the corn.

Feed that stuff to rats and they die of cancer, have low birthrate and the offspring are usually sterile. Now they are finding pigs are eaten up internally eating it and cows too. I'd like to see what else they did to this corn. What I said above is Monsanto's GMO. I'm not that familiar with the Swiss company but they all seem to be doing the same.

Just an FYI.
Never try to argue or reason with idiots and morons, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

round here its soy beans. you no you can plant regular beans an the man down the road pkants round up ready bean. if his beans cross pollinate your beans an the beans
you produce that year comes out with the round up ready gene you cant save any of your beans for the following year seed crop with out payin modesto royaltys

so im tole
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

goose eye wrote:round here its soy beans. you no you can plant regular beans an the man down the road pkants round up ready bean. if his beans cross pollinate your beans an the beans
you produce that year comes out with the round up ready gene you cant save any of your beans for the following year seed crop with out payin modesto royaltys

so im tole
This is happening to the bean and corn farmers around here too. For many many generations the farmers been keeping back some of their crop to replant. But the wind brings in some pollen from a a Monsanto field and the herds of lawyers test and sue the farmers. FORCING them to buy Monsanto seed every single spring now, else they shut down the farm. Farmers already barely scratching a living. Now they gotta bend over and take it up the ass from the corporate man and his entourage of thugs in the gooberment. Makes me sick.

This is a good documentary on the topic, guarenteed to piss you off - http://www.takepart.com/foodinc/film" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion