New Still

Post your builds here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

S-Cackalacky
retired

Re: New Still

Post by S-Cackalacky »

googe wrote:The issue is WHY he used another account, not just because he had another account. Get it?. no one said you can't have an opinion? Maybe we should just let the forum run without any moderation, would be so.much nicer wouldn't it.
Googe, not saying that what he did was the right approach. Just saying that his motivation might have been something other than a childish or malicious prank. But, I guess I didn't do a very good job of making my point. It's just that the issue seems to go a little deeper than someone creating a second profile. People have different reasons for doing the things they do and what you interpret as egregious might have some underlying merit in the eyes of someone else. Just my opinion, but quite possibly a faulty interpretation of his motivation.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

Crow,I wouldn't want to bet the grocery money on that.

The breweries have a huge investment in metals and penny saved is a penny earned.

Peace, FMH.
Blah, blah, blah,........
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

FreeMountainHermit wrote:Powerful potions, SC, Powerful potions with a few chicken feet and some ravens blood thrown in. Did my best Zombie dance as well :lol:

Serious tho. 304 stainless is kinda utilitarian and really not all that high grade.

Consulted a guy with some metallurgy background and he opined that metals have a "surface skin" and that if any organic material had worked its way into the scratches it may very well have caused the the metal to degrade to the point that I described.

All over but the shoutin' now so maybe someday it can be resurrected as a BOP.
I was looking at some 10 gallon milk cans at a yard sale recently. They seemed quite old and were somewhat banged up. One of them had some light surface rust and some signs of rust around the welds, but by all other indications, they were stainless. I over thought it and decided not to pay the $35 dollars/each the guy wanted. Possibly another bad spur of the moment decision. Anyway, I guess if it's not clearly stamped into the metal somewhere, there's really no way to know for sure.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

S-Cackalacky wrote:
googe wrote:The issue is WHY he used another account, not just because he had another account. Get it?. no one said you can't have an opinion? Maybe we should just let the forum run without any moderation, would be so.much nicer wouldn't it.
Googe, not saying that what he did was the right approach. Just saying that his motivation might have been something other than a childish or malicious prank. But, I guess I didn't do a very good job of making my point. It's just that the issue seems to go a little deeper than someone creating a second profile. People have different reasons for doing the things they do and what you interpret as egregious might have some underlying merit in the eyes of someone else. Just my opinion, but quite possibly a faulty interpretation of his motivation.
Best I can figure out SC was he was creating strife and using it for recruiting members to his site . Having 1 id is such a common seance for obvious reasons never thought it needed writing down. But I will change that.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

still_stirrin wrote:
Tater wrote:duplast20 is also InglisHill....However a troll is a troll....
Thanks Tater.

I tried to answer the original poster responsibilly. But I was very surprised by your revelation. I guess I am simply too nieve.

What could possibly be the motivation for someone to do this... to cause the forum turbulence, possibly to discredit it's validity? Or perhaps aggravate responders to the point they avoid responding and seek a different blog? Or possibly to set a trap, seeking unsafe or illegal guidance jeopardizing this site's liability?

Definitely, trolling can be dangerous to the fiber of this site and also to the "genuine" members here.

Thank you again, for the oversight and intervention. It's nice to know that "management" is close by.
ss
Hell what gets me is members are still answering a topic that is now known to be fabricated. :wtf: .Might explain to SC how it feels to be done this way for any reason.However when they are found out them and anyone helping them are gonna be removed from site
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

Tater wrote:
still_stirrin wrote:
Tater wrote:duplast20 is also InglisHill....However a troll is a troll....
Thanks Tater.

I tried to answer the original poster responsibilly. But I was very surprised by your revelation. I guess I am simply too nieve.

What could possibly be the motivation for someone to do this... to cause the forum turbulence, possibly to discredit it's validity? Or perhaps aggravate responders to the point they avoid responding and seek a different blog? Or possibly to set a trap, seeking unsafe or illegal guidance jeopardizing this site's liability?

Definitely, trolling can be dangerous to the fiber of this site and also to the "genuine" members here.

Thank you again, for the oversight and intervention. It's nice to know that "management" is close by.
ss
Hell what gets me is members are still answering a topic that is now known to be fabricated. :wtf: .Might explain to SC how it feels to be done this way for any reason.
Tater, surely you know by now that I have a contrary nature. Just saw something in it that maybe others didn't.