My New Rig

Post your builds here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

DUDA
Novice

My New Rig

Post by DUDA »

Last night i finished my new column, its very similar to the design i've used for years but i made the column 4 ft long ( my old one was 3 feet tall) and i made my condenser come off at a angle, and i made it longer too. ill have to post a picture of my old one (still works good just wanted to make a better one). the ext tube for the water screws on and off so i don't snap the pipe off when i have it set aside while I'm not using it. Like my other oner it is a 1" diameter column one day ill shell out the big bucks and make me a nice one out of 2". i plan on cleaning it out and doing a stripping run with it today :D

Thank you for telling me how to add photos !! :)
Attachments
I have a 1 inch copper couple braised to the stainless fitting of the keg. that my column slides on to Bottom View
I have a 1 inch copper couple braised to the stainless fitting of the keg. that my column slides on to Bottom View
Top View
Top View
20170308_234749.jpg
20170308_234818.jpg
Like i had said i made the exit line for my coolant water removable so i don't snap it off accidentally while storing it ( my last one needed some repairs every so often)
Like i had said i made the exit line for my coolant water removable so i don't snap it off accidentally while storing it ( my last one needed some repairs every so often)
Last edited by DUDA on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackStrap
Swill Maker

Re: My New Rig

Post by BlackStrap »

Most questions can be answered here http://homedistiller.org/ and here http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=46

The one who cuts the firewood gets twice the warmth
Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Danespirit »

Let's see if I can help you out there, DUDA..
Here is a free online photo editor: https://pixlr.com/web" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Just click on "Launch the web app" in the middle of the side.
The rest explains pretty much itself.
I've used it a lot to resize pictures to this forum.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

From what I see you really don't gain anything with such a tall column on a pot still, unless you need the extra height to make your condenser fit your setup.

OVZ
Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Danespirit »

+1 Oz

A tall riser, will just result in some passive reflux during the start-up phase.
It will do nothing for you other than use unnecessary energy.
If your reasoning for the tall riser is the angle of the Liebig, there are better ways to accomplish the same.
Should you choose not to modify it, consider insulating it...it'll spare a lot of energy.