New addition

Post your builds here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

KiwiArmour
Novice

New addition

Post by KiwiArmour »

So I got bored while waiting to repair my shotgun condenser, so I pressed play on my lieberg condenser.

So what I've made is a homemade 54mm x 20mm reducer with easy flange. It is attached to a lieberg of about 19" long ( just a random length, it's what I had) with a shell of 25mm and wire wrapped on the inside.

Tested it out on my T500 boiler and it worked well, the condenser is pretty effective. Pretty excited about it and can't wait to try it on my keg to see what happens.

Should explain the pictures
1. Alignment addition that I made to help with the keg and shotgun, might make it longer to make it better. Works ok here too.
2. All complete
3. My controller
4. The short riser, have a longer one as I made it all modular.
Attachments
joint.JPG
DSC_0550-432x768.JPG
DSC_0551-432x768.JPG
DSC_0552-432x768.JPG
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Re: New addition

Post by Yummyrum »

Love your home made reducer Kiwi :thumbup:
Also loke the self aligning flange system .... Myles used to swear by that method .
19" will piss it in with that boiler . Depending how much power you have on your keg , you might get away with it but its probably a bit small for most serious work .

Frustration should facilitate gettng the shotty up and running :ebiggrin:
Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Danespirit »

Hey Kiwi...that's looking good..! :thumbup:

Did you anneal the copper every so often during the process of shaping it, or did you just hammer it to shape..?

Edit: You are aware of that silicone gasket in the lid, has to go...right..? :ewink:
KiwiArmour
Novice

Post by KiwiArmour »

I am now, when I got it I didn't know. Once I stop tinkering and get to making it will go