Copper polisher

Post your builds here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

gsugg
Novice

Copper polisher

Post by gsugg »

Pintoshine has a video about copper polishing up and I've been trying to find what the type of polishing wax and wheel he uses in his video. Anybody got any suggestions on best stuff to use(whether it's that one or something entirely different)?

I'm finishing up a 28 gallon copper hybrid that can be used as a pot or with a 2 inch column and scrubbers. Got a 22 inch shotgun condenser with 7 pipes, each 1/2 inch by 18 inches. Heated by Jimbo's setup in his thread on electric conversion. (5500 watt low density element and one of Still Dragon's DIY controllers w/ammeter/voltmeter off of ebay). Thank you so much for any and all help. I can tell you, I'm big on learning and I've looked and researched till (as ya'll say), my eyes bleed! Because I like to read late at night while letting the TV provide background "white" noise, I print out the threads if they look interesting. I have a couple of big 3 ring binders filled. (maybe 5 or 6 inches of printed material!) There is no other site on the net that contains so much comprehensive information in one place concerning this hobby. I cannot thank you enough. My grandfather used to make homemade wine by the barrel full since he had pretty extensive grape vines. He's gone now and if I hadn't found you guys, that art would have been lost to my family. Thanks again for the massive amount of work ya'll have put into this place.

GSugg
just sayin
Rumrunner

Re: Copper polisher

Post by just sayin »

Pinto says he got the angle grinder, the wheel and polishing wax from from Harbor Freight. McMasters used to carry a number of polishing compounds and wheels.
gsugg
Novice

Post by gsugg »

Thanks JS, I've got a Harbor Freight with 1/2 hour of me.
GSugg
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 »

Eastwood.com has a nice selection of polishing wheels and compounds