Blanikdog

Moderator: Site Moderator

Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Blanikdog

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Folks,

It's with a lot of sadness that I have added Blanikdog to the Angel's Share group.

He hasn't been around for a few years, hasn't responded to messages or emails, and the general consensus is that he has passed on and is now sharing distilling tips with our other members who have passed. We have no direct proof that he has passed away, but the circumstantial proof is strong. Nothing I'd like more than for him to show up and say "Hey, this is premature, I'm around and just fine!"

Blanikdog was ex-military and is somewhere in the photo. Assuming he passed in 2014, when he last logged in, his approximate age would have been 75 years old.

Blanikdog was a regular and valuable member of these forums and he is missed. His legacy of 4,550 posts will remain with us. So, next time you tip a glass, remember our friend Blanikdog and the major contributions he made to this site and to our hobby.

Blanikdog
One Aussie who was an accomplished distiller.
1939-2014?
Rest in Peace friend.
Attachments
blanikdog.jpg
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
cob
Master of Distillation

Re: Blanikdog

Post by cob »

selfishly I hope your mistaken. we had a shared passion for flying gliders/sailplanes.
be water my friend
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

As a relatively new contributor, I have to say I have come across some of blanikdog's contributions and found them stimulting and challenging. I hope you're wrong, but condolences if you're right :(
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Being a newcomer I have seen his name. Do not remember much more of him.
I like the idea of a remembrance.

On the other hand: when someone does not post for some time, is he/she assumed to be dead?
For the forum he/she might be, or as good as. And maybe a site of remembrance might be appropriate.

But this is far off topic and needs a topic of its own.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Blanikdog was a straight shooter his comments the last few years have been missed by me and as always this is sad news.
just sayin
Rumrunner

Post by just sayin »

Thank you, Uncle Jesse. Sad news indeed! When I read old posts there are so many I wonder about. I am sure some have moved on to other passions, but how do we know? So many missing friends most of us have never met.

Please, if any of you old timers who have not posted for a while read this, just take a minutes to let us know you are still looking down on the green side of the sod.

Just Sayin'
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

A few years ago I touched base with him as he was interested in attending a meet up I was organizing and a few of us were interesting in meeting a distiller of his calibre. I never heard anymore from him and don't know of anyone that has. Its not proof as such but it doesn't look good being that he seemed still very interested in stilling. Some others missing could be just no longer distilling, Olddog for instance had sudden major heart problems. He had to completely quit drinking and so sold off all his gear and exited the hobby altogether.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Dern sure is sad to hear but its comin to all of us.
Have your affairs in order.

Heres to you old friend
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

It is always disheartening to hear of such as this Jesse. I attended the funeral of a mentor today. He was 84 and took me in as a 25 year old construction inspector with he (at 60 then) and his best friend of 72 years young. These two old men taught me how to act, who I was to be, my role in the organization, who would help and who to be wary of. The times of past experiences and lessons learned were immense and invalueable. They helped me build my career on sound, sage advice. The wisdom of our older friends is often missed until they are no longer with us. Blanikdog was such a man.
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ga flatwoods wrote:It is always disheartening to hear of such as this Jesse. I attended the funeral of a mentor today. He was 84 and took me in as a 25 year old construction inspector with he (at 60 then) and his best friend of 72 years young. These two old men taught me how to act, who I was to be, my role in the organization, who would help and who to be wary of. The times of past experiences and lessons learned were immense and invalueable. They helped me build my career on sound, sage advice. The wisdom of our older friends is often missed until they are no longer with us. Blanikdog was such a man.
GA Flatwoods
No finer eulogy could be given any man .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Truely sorry to hear this. I haven't been on lately,but check in almost every day, this brought me out from under the rock.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Lots of good ones gone. Glad all is writ large here for others to follow their legacy.
Jb
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
CatCrap
Swill Maker

Post by CatCrap »

Tipping a glass of UJSM to you, Blanikdog. It's been a pleasure.
Sunshineer
Swill Maker

Post by Sunshineer »

Gone but not forgotten I've had to bury to many old friends here lately and they're missed deeply by me.