Moderator: Site Moderator

Tater
Admin

Fire and Ice

Post by Tater »

"FIRE and ICE"
Sent: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:09 pm
To: Tater
dont know if you make any jelly ,but here is a recipe I came up with.....
I used 1 quart of tart apple juice,,3 cups sugar,,the "tea" from1 cup mint..(I have not tried extract)(if apples are not tart add 3TAB lemon juice)
boil all until starting to jell (use sheet test),,,,,,,then mix in 1 pint of your favorite hot peppers ( jalapeno ?) seeded and chopped,,,, pour into jars,process 10 min. in hot water bath..

I have only made this once but it is good on crackers...
have fun ,share if you want........
Dunder...
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
just sayin
Rumrunner

Re: Fire and Ice

Post by just sayin »

Sounds good! My sister is a huge fan of pepper jelly. That is an interesting twist! I still have fresh spearmint, but I don't have any jalapeno left this year, the Triadad Scopians flowered but no peppers bigger than a pea, there are a few pretty red ghost peppers left, but that would make something more like "Napalm and Steam" than "Five and Ice".
I saved the recipe and will have to try it with store bought. Thanks, Tater and Dunder.
Halfbaked
retired

Re: Fire and Ice

Post by Halfbaked »

When I was in college (years ago) we had a fire and ice glass that we put chaser in bottom and shite likker in top to cover up the bad taste. I have not seen a fire and ice glass in years but I would do the fire and ice jelly. I have had something close a few years ago and this one sounds great.