Grilled Venison Cutlets

Place for any food recipes that ya want to share

Moderator: Site Moderator

ammo man
Swill Maker

Grilled Venison Cutlets

Post by ammo man »

I grilled some tenderized venison cutlets that had been marinated all night in a 1:1:1 mixture of Italian Dressing, Soy Sauce, and Worcestershire Sauce. First time for me using this mixture. I liked the taste.

For you that marinate your venison what do you use? Even though I did like my mixture I feel like it can be improved.

Bert
LWTCS
Site Mod

Re: Grilled Venison Cutlets

Post by LWTCS »

Don't have a recipe per se Bert but,
a marinaid/brine followed by a dry rub and rest for a few hours before you put em to the heat.

The rub formulation is for you to figger out what compliments your marinaid..

Thats what I would do.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
ammo man
Swill Maker

Post by ammo man »

Thanks Larry. I do have on hand a couple or three dry rubs, one of which is Gordon's Grub Rub which I like.

What happened is that my sister which is a hunter needed some space in one of her freezers and brought a sh=t load of venison over here since my freezer was just about empty, and told me to cook all of it I wanted to. I do like venison, but I don't know how long she has had this. It is rancid in some cases with some other bad tastes so I decided to marinate.

As I said the marinade I used I do like, and it did the trick. However, I do like to cook and experiment so I will be trying other combinations. If any of them turn out to be exceptional, I will report.

Bert
northcountry
Novice

Post by northcountry »

Have tried various marinades, and wine works best for me. Usually go a couple of days in the fridge and turn a few times. Like the concord the best.
ammo man
Swill Maker

Post by ammo man »

Thanks northcountry. I may try wine next. It so happens I have some homemade concord/? on hand. I will give it a go.

Bert
Oxbo Rene
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oxbo Rene »

Cut into bite size pieces, flour, fry, eat = breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Only way I like it (love it) ! ! ! !
It is not the matter, nor, the space between the matter,
but rather, it is that finite point at which the two meet,
that, and only that, is what is significant...........
(Of course, I could be wrong) ..........
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Oxbo Rene wrote:Cut into bite size pieces, flour, fry, eat = breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Only way I like it (love it) ! ! ! !
Great for a change up.

Something about great medalions of meat ready to effortlessly be enjoy'd.

Some folks prefer their own steak....but not all peices are equal. Often times I like to carve the steak on the board at the table and serve precut to guests so that each person gets a bit of meat from each steak...As long as there is plenty of meat,,, most people have really enjoy'd having steak this way.
Even quartering the steaks gives people an opprtunity to get an equal quality..This work out well if their a steak fat lover present. They always get the crispy fat bits and I always get the pink center cuts.

Also the folks afraid of the pink meat can find the more well done bits too.

Well season'd meat is clearly my favorite thing on the................dinner table
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

Went to a meat party a while ago and that's how they served it - plate full of quartered steaks, sorta family style. Just dig in and eat. It was delicious.

Oh and venison is really tasty with morel mushrooms. Yum.
I do all my own stunts
ammo man
Swill Maker

Post by ammo man »

My favorite way with venison is to butcher my own deer, let it stay in the freezer from two to six weeks, and then salt. pepper and fry. No other doctoring! Oh, roasts and other cuts are prepared differently. However, as I stated above this meat is old with a lot of off tastes. I suspect the meat processor my sister used let it hang in his freezer for a week or two before he butchered it. He probably let is warm up a time or two from freezing or near freezing temps. This is not good.Then although my sister claims it is this year's venison, I know for a fact she has some up to five years old over there. She could have mixed some of it in with this accidentally. So ... I have to doctor this I have up. Absolutely not my favorite way to do it.

Bert
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

Hey Bert, that's why the French invented sauces etc; cover up the off tastes in non-salted foods, before the advent of refrigeration.
I do all my own stunts
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Say bd,,,,, can you further describe how your friends set up the table for the meat party?

I never heard of a meat party before,,,,,,,,,,and after a small amout of consideration,,,,,,,clearly a meat party has vot to be a bit of heaven on earth
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

It was real simple - the barbecue grill was off to the side and there was big platter of grilled quartered steak in the middle of the table. No rubs or marinades, just salt and pepper. We all just helped ourselves, without ceremony. It was fun. There was also a bunch of sides, but I don't remember what they were :roll: And the usual drinking.
I do all my own stunts
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

blind drunk wrote:It was real simple - the barbecue grill was off to the side and there was big platter of grilled quartered steak in the middle of the table. No rubs or marinades, just salt and pepper. We all just helped ourselves, without ceremony. It was fun. There was also a bunch of sides, but I don't remember what they were :roll: And the usual drinking.
We went to my son's place with friends last night.
He brings home balls of bread dough from the bakery (kept in the refrigerator so they don't ferment and grow, and covered so they don't get a dry, hard surface).
Then we flatten them and roll them out for pizzas and cook them in his wood-fired brick pizza oven.
And sometimes he has a steak night and cooks it on the barbecue grill.
Great nights, with a glass or two of quaffing red, or sometimes a really good, top of the line older wine from my cellar.
The Baker