Spicy rum marinade

Place for any food recipes that ya want to share

Moderator: Site Moderator

sparky marky
Swill Maker

Spicy rum marinade

Post by sparky marky »

A couple of months ago I got a little silly and added 4 large dried jolokia bhut chillis to a 700ml bottle of rum and forgot about it for a few weeks. Im told other names for this Chilli are "ghost", "Dorset naga" and "Guatemalan insanity peppers".
When I found it again I tasted a small sip and almost cried blood. As it is in the bottle it could be classed as a potential murder weapon, I'm actually keeping some back just in case someone is dumb enough to accuse me of being light on the spice in my curries! :twisted:

So, it's too hot to drink but iv discovered it makes a really nice marinade for meat!!

1 part jolokia rum
1 part rice vinegar
A few cloves of garlic
Smoked sweet paprika
Pinch of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

Let the meat sit in a bag with the marinade for a day or two then take it out and cook it how you please!
Iv grilled some pork and made a chicken and prawn rice dish and both were delicious!!
frozenthunderbolt
Distiller

Re: Spicy rum marinade

Post by frozenthunderbolt »

sparky marky wrote:A couple of months ago I got a little silly and added 4 large dried jolokia bhut chillis to a 700ml bottle of rum and forgot about it for a few weeks. Im told other names for this Chilli are "ghost", "Dorset naga" and "Guatemalan insanity peppers".
When I found it again I tasted a small sip and almost cried blood. As it is in the bottle it could be classed as a potential murder weapon, I'm actually keeping some back just in case someone is dumb enough to accuse me of being light on the spice in my curries! :twisted:
Given that your looking at around 850,000 to just over 100,000,000 on the scovile scale i'm glad you found something useful for it. PURE capsaicin is 15 - 16 million, so that would make them gost peppers about 1/15th pure burn i guess - got to love the crazies that eat these things!
Where has all the rum gone? . . .

Every new member should read this before doing anything else: