MOONSHINE BALLS

Place for any food recipes that ya want to share

Moderator: Site Moderator

stillcookin
Novice

MOONSHINE BALLS

Post by stillcookin »

These are delicious cookies, not a beverage...

Ingredients:
1 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers
1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
1 cup + 3/4 cup confectionery sugar
2 Tbs unsweetened coca powder
2 Tbs light corn syrup
1/2 cup semi sweet mini choc. chips
1/4 cup moonshine
2 Tbs water

Preparation:
1st you have to crush the vanilla wafers into fine crumbs. I found a good way is to put a handful of wafers into a large ziplok bag and remove the air when zipping closed, then use a rolling pin or something hard to crush them into fine crumbs. repeat until there is a measured cup full. Use the same technique to get the 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs. Combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, the graham cracker crumbs, 1 cup of confectionery sugar, the coca powder, and chips in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, blend the water and corn syrup ( it will mix easier if you warm it in the microwave), then add the moonshine and blend together. Stir this mixture into the dry mix and blend well. It should be a stiff, putty like consistency. cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Put some confectionery sugar on a cookie sheet. Remove the chilled mixture from the fridge and spoon out small amounts with a table spoon and roll into balls with your clean hands. Now roll these balls in the confectionery sugar to coat completely. Store the balls in a tightly closed container in the fridge.

Variations:
You could add some crushed walnuts or something if you wanted, I just prefer not to. You could also make these any size/shape you want. One time I made terd shapes but most people were hesitant when eating those! You could use more or less shine to taste- just would have to compensate with the amount of dry ingredients to get the right consistency. You could use other liquor like bourbon or rum. Just give it a shot, whenever I make em, everyone loves my balls ! :D
NcHooch
retired

Re: MOONSHINE BALLS

Post by NcHooch »

Sounds tasty ... what kind of shine do you usually use when you make these?
NChooch
Practice safe distillin and keep your hobby under your hat.
Pyewacket
Swill Maker

Post by Pyewacket »

Damn those sound good. Gonna give this a shot. This got me thinking of Bourbon Balls my family would make every holiday. I just posted the recipe.
Rclark12
Bootlegger

Post by Rclark12 »

no cooking? So they stay alcoholic? :clap: worth a shot!
MoonshineJane73
Novice

Post by MoonshineJane73 »

Interesting. For some odd reason it never occurred to me to use moonshine in my cooking (even though perhaps it should've.) Thanks for posting the recipe. :D
Moonshine is my thing. Also liking my Moonshine Recipe and Still kit.
hillbillywilly
Novice

Post by hillbillywilly »

Just made some for Christmas yesterday! Thanks for sharing the recipe, came out great [THUMBS UP SIGN]