Whiskey BBQ Sauce

Place for any food recipes that ya want to share

Moderator: Site Moderator

azar
Novice

Whiskey BBQ Sauce

Post by azar »

I must say. I love this recipe..
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bourbon-whiskey-bbq-sauce/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Its got bite but flavor.
Halfbaked
retired

Re: Whiskey BBQ Sauce

Post by Halfbaked »

It has chicken all over it at my house tomorrow.
azar
Novice

Post by azar »

Note: I double the batch. The directions say for it to be strained if you like it smooth. Thats mainly because of the minced onions. I perfer not to strain. Fill up some old ketchup bottles and BBQ on tap!
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

How much does a single or double make? It doesn't say.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

says at top of recipe its for 4 cups .has the calculator to increase if ya want there also.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

I was on my phone and didn't see it.
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

Ok I made it. I used brandy instead of bourbon. Yea I know, bourbon would be better. I had high hopes on it being great. It started off bad. I cut onions large so I could strain it. I put the brandy in with the garlic and onion and the smell was not good at all. I almost dumped it. Everything else went like it should. I cooked it slow and twice as long as recommended. To make a long story short it is as good as any barbeque receipt as I have ever eaten. . Sweet Baby rays is the best commercial BBQ sauce I have eaten and it has a taste lots like that. Actually I think its better than that. I won't be buying BBQ sauce any more.

This is the best chicken receipt that I have ever eaten. http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipe ... t-chicken/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow The chicken got to taste the sauce also before I slapped it in my face.
azar
Novice

Post by azar »

Its defitnetly a little different than most BBQ's. It has BITE. mostly because of the apple cider vinegar. I use a touch more tomatoe paste than it says. I have made this many many times. I have my little twists to it. I love it!
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

Azar what do u do diff? I can see some chipoltleys And honeywould be tastey. Storage in empty ketsoup bottle.
azar
Novice

Post by azar »

I play with it you know.. Add a little more whiskey.. Little more liquid smoke. onions minced very small. chipoletes would be good! i dont strain it, It creates a good texture.
steve2md
Swill Maker

Post by steve2md »

Liquid smoke is evil stuff indeed. Try tossing your onion and garlic on a veggie grilling grate in the smoker instead, and I even halve a few tomatoes and add them as well. smoke around 150 degrees for an hour or so, and toss the tomatoes into a food processor to make a thin paste. cook everything else as directed, but go a little longer to thicken it. MMMMMM
I told the officer "I have my .45 on my hip, a 9mm in the console, and my shotgun under the seat" He said "Damn! What are you afraid of?" "Nothing" I replied...
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

HOLY crap dude have you ever tried this on plain potato chips. Shut the front door its good.
AngelaTom
Novice

Post by AngelaTom »

Looks like a great recipe for all the BBQ fans and I am also one of them, will give it a go :)
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

I've bought my last BBQ sauce.