Lemon Oregano Chicken (easy weeknight meal)

Place for any food recipes that ya want to share

Moderator: Site Moderator

WhiteDevil504
Site Donor
Site Donor

Lemon Oregano Chicken (easy weeknight meal)

Post by WhiteDevil504 »

So is is one of my go to recipes during the week when I don't have much time.

4-6 pieces of chicken (I use thighs but drum sticks, breast, anything works)
3 large lemons
6T dried Mexican oregano (you can use fresh but use a bit more)
Kosher salt to taste, I usually use 1T
Red pepper flake if you like hot food (to taste)

I use a gallon ziplock bag and zest the lemons, I use a micro plane but you could use the fine side of a box grater, you just don't want the white pith. Add the zest to the bag, along with the juice of the lemons. Add the rest of the ingredients minus the chicken and give it a few good shakes to mix. Add the chicken and toss it in the fridge. I the. Go out and start my charcoal grill, once the coals are ready I set up a 2 zone fire and get the chicken out of the fridge, I sear it skin side up over the high temp side, then once it has a nice char on it I move it to the indirect heat side (still skin up), pour any remaining marinade over it and roast it until done (15-20). If the skin isn't dark I do a quick sear over high heat this time skin side down. I bring the chicken in and let it rest for a few. While it rests I usually grill some asparagus and fire up some couscous, cut up the asparagus into 1" pieces and put it in the couscous once done, toss in some feta and poor the resting chicken juices and all over it. Whole thing start to finish is done in about 30-45 minutes and is relatively easy to do. Who else has some easy weeknight ideas?
Tater
Admin

Re: Lemon Oregano Chicken (easy weeknight meal)

Post by Tater »

I do similar with chicken .Take 4 small halves coat hell outta it with chili powder.Put in a gallon freezer bag then add bottle 8 0z of lime juice.Remove air and put in fridge for at least 4 hrs. I like it best when i know a few days ahead of time were gonna fix it. Ill coat with chili powder 1 day place in bag and add lime juice next day and cook on 3rd day. Makes quick killer wings.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
WhiteDevil504
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WhiteDevil504 »

Nice, i guess I know what I am trying on saturday! What do you usually do on the side?
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

slow cooked green beans with bacon and mashed taters. or mac and cheese. If got my grand babies
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper