STICKY HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP

Place for any food recipes that ya want to share

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

With shrimping season starting in in May I thought I would share the following recipe I had last night that was excellent. I took some of the shrimp out of my freezer and followed the following recipe and served it on a bed of rice.

Sticky Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp are coated in the most amazing sticky honey garlic butter soy sauce. This is a quick 20 minute meal that you will make again and again!
Author: Alyssa
Serves: 4-6
Ingredients
* ½ cup honey
* ¼ cup soy sauce
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* juice of one small lemon
* 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 2 Tablespoons butter
* green onions, for garnish

Instructions
1. In a small bowl whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic and lemon. Add half of the sauce to the shrimp and let marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a medium sized skillet add the butter. Add the shrimp and discard marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to medium high. Cook until the shrimp turns pink about 2 minutes each side. Add the reserved marinade and pour over shrimp. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken and coats the shrimp. Garnish with green onions.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: STICKY HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP

Post by Oldvine Zin »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
made that last night

ovz
Bushman
Admin

Re: STICKY HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP

Post by Bushman »

Glad you like it, I usually freeze around 4,000 shrimp/prawns I catch every year and am always looking for different dinner meals. Another one I like that I had recently was a spicy shrimp marinade cooked on the top of my raclette machine with raclette cheese. Not the traditional Swiss raclette meal but good all the same.