Bailey's Original Irish Cream Copy

Forum to share your beverage recipes. Feel free to post recipes in this forum, they will be locked. Posts should have complete recipes with all ingredients and directions fully explained. Any comments or questions will have to be started under new topic. This forum is for family recipes or recipes that you have tried and want to share with others, relating to our hobby only.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Harley Wolf
Novice

Bailey's Original Irish Cream Copy

Post by Harley Wolf »

Bailey's uses a special process tp combine two otherwise incompatible ingredients: cream and wiskey. This secret technique keeps the cream from clumping and separating from the whiskey, and allows the liqueur to go for two years unrefrigerated without spoiling. But we won't need to tap into any secret preparation techniques for our clone here since we'll be storing the liqueor in the refrigerator. We will, however, replace cream with canned evaporated milk. This gives us a properly sweetened finished product with the taste and texture of the deliciously famous Irish cream. Here now is an improved version of the Bailey's clone recipe that appears in More Top Secret Recipes. This version has fewer ingredients, is easier to make, and tastes amazing.

Ingredeients

1/2 cups evaporated milk ( 1 12 ounce can)
1 cup Irish wiskey
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee

Instructions

Combine all ingrediants in a pitcher and mix well or shake until sugar is dissolved. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Shake before serving.

Makes 3 cups

This is from the web site for top secret recipes.

I've done this many times and have changes it to my taste as follows:

Ingredients

1 12 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups of your favorite whiskey, rum or brandy. More or less to taste,
6 teaspoons Splenda
1 tablespoon Hershey's Sugar Free chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon instant coffee

Instructions for mixing same as above. Makes about 3 cups depending on amount of spirits.

Keeps very well in refrigerator, I just opened one I put away after new years and its perfect.

I hope you enjoy. My thanks to Todd Wilbur for developing this clone.