Cadillac Bob's Highland Cream

Forum to share your beverage recipes. Feel free to post recipes in this forum, they will be locked. Posts should have complete recipes with all ingredients and directions fully explained. Any comments or questions will have to be started under new topic. This forum is for family recipes or recipes that you have tried and want to share with others, relating to our hobby only.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Cadillac Bob
Novice

Cadillac Bob's Highland Cream

Post by Cadillac Bob »

I love a good Irish Cream in my coffee in the mornings. But at 10$ a fifth, I can drink 40$ worth in a weekend. I had to figure out a better way. This stuffs about 5$ per half gallon. (once you have the extracts)

This is my take on the ol Irish Cream

Makes about a quart, so I just put all ingredients into a 1 quart mason jar. Make'em 2 at a time so you can use full cans of milk and give one to a friend. The worlds a better place when we all share!

1/2 can (6oz) of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 can (6oz) of regular condensed milk
1 cup of heavy cream
1 1/2 cups of Cadillac Bobs 100 proof corn whiskey! (lol, or any whiskey ya fancy)
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp mint extract or a capfull of peppermint schnapps does the trick(the secret ingredient)
1 heaping tbsp of instant coffee
2 tbsp Hershey's chocolate syrup

Most know that "sweetened" condensed milk is like liquid caramel. If you like it thicker and sweeter, use all "sweetened". If you like it lighter, and creamier, try all "unsweetened". I do both, depending on my mood, but half of each is the tried and true hit!