Lemon Yuk-ahs

Forum to share your beverage recipes. Feel free to post recipes in this forum, they will be locked. Posts should have complete recipes with all ingredients and directions fully explained. Any comments or questions will have to be started under new topic. This forum is for family recipes or recipes that you have tried and want to share with others, relating to our hobby only.

Moderator: Site Moderator

hotshotz2
Novice

Lemon Yuk-ahs

Post by hotshotz2 »

Not sure where the name come from but for years now its what my friends have been calling it. We have been making this drink every summer time party for years and all ways used cheap store bought vodka.This 4th of July i made some with some 100 proof neutral I had in my stock. Boy it turned out great. This recipe is best made with a group of friends cause it takes a lot of shaking of the jar to work best. So here is what you need. a 1gal glass pickle jar 8 lemons quartered 1 cup of sugar 1 quart of 100 proof neutral a bag of ice 1 bath towel So in the clean 1gal pickle jar add your lemons, sugar, 100 proof neutral, put the lid on and let it sit out at room temp. for at least 24 to 48 hours before using. You will want to give it a shaking every now an then to get the sugar dissolved. Now when your ready to drink it, here is what you got to do. Fill the jar full of ice, pack as much ice as you can into it. Wrap the towel around the jar and start shaking the heck out of it for a few minutes and pass it to your friend, they do the same an so on. Check every couple of minutes to make sure its full of ice, and if you need to add more do so but try to keep the towel wrapped around the jar. After around 10 to 15 minutes the jar will begin to frost-over and the towel will be sticking to the jar and that's when its time to drink. We got a saying - (if you dont take a turn to shake, you dont get a cup to drank) - ENJOY