Blueberry Pie

Forum to share your beverage recipes. Feel free to post recipes in this forum, they will be locked. Posts should have complete recipes with all ingredients and directions fully explained. Any comments or questions will have to be started under new topic. This forum is for family recipes or recipes that you have tried and want to share with others, relating to our hobby only.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Chroi
Swill Maker

Blueberry Pie

Post by Chroi »

I can't really take credit for this one, since it's essentially a very impatient version of Tater's Blueberry Liquor. I'm sure his 6 month version is much better but this works on the fly. I'm in awe of you guys who can keep stuff aging for months/years. Mine seem to grow legs within a week and wander off....

Crush 16oz fresh blueberrys (actually previously frozen would prob work better now that I think about it)

Put into a 1 qt mason jar and cover with liquor (I used 140 proof sweetfeed run a single time through my pot still with thumper)

Leave on windowsill for 24 hours

Separate the berries from the liquor.

Cover the berries with sugar and replace on the windowsill

Same time as you're adding the sugar to the berry jar, add to the liquor jar:
1 large or 2 small whole cinnamon sticks, 1 whole nutmeg cut in half, zest from 1/2 a lemon and a tablespoon of candied ginger

Replace both jars on the windowsill for another 24 hours

Filter solids out of liquor jar and discard

Pour syrup off of the berries. We are done with them as far as this recipe is concerned but you can add more sugar back to the jar and continue extracting syrup to use in other ways.

Combine the syrup with the liquor. I had 24oz of liquor at this point that I figured should have been approx 140 proof. Added 10oz of distilled water bringing it down to approx 100 proof. Filtered it quick and dirty through a fine stainless kitchen strainer and then through a cheesecloth. My normal coffee filter system was taking forever, due to the increased viscosity from the sugar content is my guess

Mix 1 part liquor with 2 parts club soda or 7up on the rocks depending how sweet you like it. Would also work great as a mixer with other likker.

Tweak recipe as you see fit. And thanks again Tater!
Attachments
photo (10).JPG