Honey Shine

Forum to share your beverage recipes. Feel free to post recipes in this forum, they will be locked. Posts should have complete recipes with all ingredients and directions fully explained. Any comments or questions will have to be started under new topic. This forum is for family recipes or recipes that you have tried and want to share with others, relating to our hobby only.

Moderator: Site Moderator

thatguy1313
Distiller

Honey Shine

Post by thatguy1313 »

What you'll need:
5 gallons H20
1 Gallon Honey (I use clover but it doesn't matter)
1 tsp DAP
1 tsp citric acid or juice of 1 lemon
pinch of Epsom Salt
10 Tablespoon bakers yeast

How to do it:
Boil about 2 gallons water on the stove. Add the honey 1 quart at a time stirring until its all dissolved. Lower heat to a simmer and add the citric acid and Epsom salt. Remove from heat and pour in bucket. Add water to bring to 5 gallons and add DAP. Aerate by pouring back and forth between two buckets. Add yeast and gently stir in. Add airlock and set it to ferment. Usually finishes out in about 7-10 days. I run one stripping run and a spirit run on a pot still and end up with a super smooth end product that has a wonderful, sweet finish to it. Definitely one of the more expensive washes I've done but the final product is so good it's worth it.
No, officer, I wasn't distilling alcohol! It was probably that guy!

Important information for new distillers