Old Dogs sale of endorsements

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Big Bert
Novice

Old Dogs sale of endorsements

Post by Big Bert »

Well it is July 17 and still no Hillbilly, sent a couple of E Mails ,no replies , I note on their site the wait time now is 25 weeks or better, dam the snow will be here before the HB flute,wonder if they will refund my money???? If they would I would get one of MHs new SS copper flute although I am still waiting on a order from them,and they wonder why people drink.....

The road gets longer when your truck breaks down,
Big Bert
Novice

Re: mile hi flute vs hillbilly flute?

Post by Big Bert »

Just heard from Mike and Matt at HB stills , they hope to ship next week, seem like right nice folks. Will keep you posted.
drinkingdog
Rumrunner

Post by drinkingdog »

Big Bert wrote:Just heard from Mike and Matt at HB stills , they hope to ship next week, seem like right nice folks. Will keep you posted.
Most if not all people are right nice when they are making money off of you
My Grandpa used to say. Don't argue with an idiot, because he will just drag you down to his level then beat you with experience.
He also used to say. I didn't say it was your fault. I just said that I was blaming you.

DD
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

Of course he's being nice, he's got your money. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OD
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......
DuckofDeath
Rumrunner

Post by DuckofDeath »

OldDog has a good story about HillBillySteals
Big Bert
Novice

Post by Big Bert »

Love to here your story Olddog
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

I bet he's nice, (and very happy), Just do the math, I know he told me he produces 5 stills per week, maybe more now. If he has a 26 week waiting list thats 130 stills at 5 per week waiting to be produced and despatched. If each still is around $1200, and fully paid for, he has $156,000 of your money in his bank earning interest. I don't know the interest rates US banks are paying, but if it's 2.5 percent, that's earning him an extra $3900. He stole from me, and he is stealing from you.
I am sure Larry can accommodate you a lot quicker.

OD
Big Bert
Novice

Post by Big Bert »

I bought the turn key vodka one plus extras $ 3300 , feeling worse by the minute

BB
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by milehidistilling »

I also would like to hear your story OLD DOG. Hillbilly has stolen many things from me also. If possible I would like to but your story on my web site on the flute page. Hillbilly is selling Chinese’s knockoff of my towers even stole the name Mighty Mini and Torpedo towers.

I do have this on the Flute page and hopefully it’s ok with you. I can change it or remove it if you like

Back in 2009, Old Dog in Australia came up with the original idea for the Flute. He and few other people at Homedistillers.org spent years perfecting the Flute design so that it would be one of the easiest and most versatile towers to use. It's because of Old Dog that the Flute has become the gold standard, favored distiller for small micro distillers worldwide.
Other companies who are trying to take credit for the Flute design have no right to make those
claims and are being disrespectful of the vision and hard work of Old Dog.

We feel very lucky to be able to sell flutes on Mile Hi Distilling web site.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

milehidistilling wrote:I also would like to hear your story OLD DOG. Hillbilly has stolen many things from me also. If possible I would like to but your story on my web site on the flute page. Hillbilly is selling Chinese’s knockoff of my towers even stole the name Mighty Mini and Torpedo towers.

I do have this on the Flute page and hopefully it’s ok with you. I can change it or remove it if you like

Back in 2009, Old Dog in Australia came up with the original idea for the Flute. He and few other people at Homedistillers.org spent years perfecting the Flute design so that it would be one of the easiest and most versatile towers to use. It's because of Old Dog that the Flute has become the gold standard, favored distiller for small micro distillers worldwide.
Other companies who are trying to take credit for the Flute design have no right to make those
claims and are being disrespectful of the vision and hard work of Old Dog.

We feel very lucky to be able to sell flutes on Mile Hi Distilling web site.
Best you pipe down and be satisfied as a spectator. You've also done your fair share of plagiarizing on multiple levels thus far.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
SIXFOOTER
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SIXFOOTER »

Wow, ya gotta bake a Lot of product to get that worked down. Hope you have a healthy liver
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

I disagree

I think the Flute is a new type of distiller like Pot still or Reflux and I think people should understand it was not designed by companies like still D Or HB or MH and many other company that will start selling the flute
heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by heartcut »

Perrier came up with the first practical column still in 1822, Coffey refined it in 1830, ect. The basic design has mostly just been refined since then. OD came up with the idea and working model(s) of an affordable hobby scale version of the "really cool but I can't afford one" professional stills, shared it, and the catchy name everyone uses followed. Near duplicates (and real duplicates) of his original are for sale at a few places. If I was selling them for a profit, I'd be sending OD a cut of the action. Would you have thought of it?
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

heartcut wrote:Perrier came up with the first practical column still in 1822, Coffey refined it in 1830, ect. The basic design has mostly just been refined since then. OD came up with the idea and working model(s) of an affordable hobby scale version of the "really cool but I can't afford one" professional stills, shared it, and the catchy name everyone uses followed. Near duplicates (and real duplicates) of his original are for sale at a few places. If I was selling them for a profit, I'd be sending OD a cut of the action. Would you have thought of it?
That could be possible after the company starts making a profit on the flutes. But I’m selling the company in 5 months and moving to SPI opening a Kitesurfing shop. Jason the new owner is very reasonable and I’m sure he will look in to it.

Again I just want people to know the story about the Flute.
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

OK it's time to end this debacle. I am going to offer to the highest bidder all design ownership and naming rights of the Magic Flute, & Flute MkII . I am now in my 70's and living on my age pension and I am unlikely to build or develop any more designs.
Any interested parties should contact me by PM or email.

OD
FullySilenced
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullySilenced »

I'm a thinkin Hillbilly should step up to the plate... just from what i have read....
Big Bert
Novice

Post by Big Bert »

Me too , he just got 3300 off me.....
That was to be honest because MH wouldn't answer my emails for a price on their 6 plate so I got mad and got from HB ,then got one from MH anyway, am running the MH and loving it AND still have not got my HB
When the HB gets here I will give it a fair test and if it runs as good as they say I will thank OldDog

BB
Last edited by Big Bert on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

Have you asked for a refund? Is that an option?
I do all my own stunts
Big Bert
Novice

Post by Big Bert »

No and I am not sure on the refund, they tell me it will be shipped next week. After all the reading and the money is spend I would like to try Old Dogs work.
Have more money than brains and the wife says I ain't worth 2 cents

BB
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

Just received the first bid $1000

OD
Stainless dude
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stainless dude »

I hope they step up to the plate OD..
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

I aint looking for millions, just a fair price for what is now a world wide concept.

OD
Big Bert
Novice

Post by Big Bert »

I'll up that to $2000
The big boys should add two more 0 s then you mite get back some of which you have given..
BB
Last edited by Big Bert on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stainless dude
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stainless dude »

Yep I agree Od, they have made good money on your design, sweat and labor. You put the plans out there for everyone and some took advantage of it. (In my opinon) Us hobby guys also used your plans but we hope it was your blessing. We owe you tons and I hope you know how much most of us appriciate what you have done for this hobby.
Just my humble opinion.
Thanks Od..
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

Let me make this clear. There is nothing material on offer here. No registered trade marks no stills, just a goodwill endorsement and transferring the rights to build and call your build a Flute, Magic Flute, or Flute MkII commercially, with full endorsement from myself.
My investment in producing this design concept took endless hours and big dollarsworth of materials, and I find it hard to now see it being built commercially with no benefit to me, and it would be great if I could see a small return for the hours and effort invested producing these columns.
Thanks to all who have made offers so far.

OD
emptyglass
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: Victoria, Australia.Usually the shed. Sometimes the cellar.

Post by emptyglass »

Wow. Thats why I come to HD.
For some good ol' fashioned action.

I'm a bit over this "but I made it first". "no, I did"
Thats not to take away from any individuals contributions, nor their recognition, but we have to be mindful there is a difference between cashing in, making booze for profit, making gear for profit, or sharing ideas within our community.

On the other side of the coin is the suppliers. Without them, some guys would simply not be able to distill gear for themselfs at home. Some guys fully understand the concept of distilling, they may be a wizz in thier own feild, but can't or don't want to make a still.

And since this hobby is so bloody old, most of the "ideas" that are new, are just an extension of what those before us have done.
If I didn't want my ideas to be copied, I wouldn't post them. I'm thankful for the internet (although I didn't invent it) it has become a platform for lots of us to share ideas.

Before I hop off the soap box, I'd like to thank everyone that contributes.
:thumbup:
You design it, I make it. Copper and Stainless. Down under. PM me.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

emptyglass wrote:And since this hobby is so bloody old, most of the "ideas" that are new, are just an extension of what those before us have done.
Yes, it is evaporation is all.

Certainly there was a time however if OD turned to the left, folks looked left. if OD turned to the right, folks looked to the right.....Weather it was to copy or criticize.

OD was certainly directly responsible for planting this recent seed of popularity. I do not at all recall him every taking credit for inventing plated columns as has been implied by folks from the past.
I do however distinctly recall some pretty smart people saying that OD's design would not work well at all (I'm paraphrasing).

Then, there was a member (Decoy) that was experimenting with the plated concept ages before Mike got started on his design. I was always surprised that I don't ever recall him throwing in any of his 2 cents during the "Magic Flute" development days? Though Decoy's experiments where cutting edge at the time, his results were really rather sophomoric as it was clear that those earlier stills could not at all perform as well as Mike's "Magic Flute". Decoy's system was evidently slow by comparison and yet he did receive a great amount of encouragement from the "smart people" as his experiments were quite impressive at the time.
I suspect the disparity in any criticism toward OD was largely due to the rift between the two forums?
No offense at all intended toward Decoy, as his work was super cool and very much cutting edge for a hobby crowd.

Was during this time that the previously established vendors were clearly asleep at the wheel IMO. Its all here and at AD with time signatures to illustrate who did what and when.
emptyglass
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: Victoria, Australia.Usually the shed. Sometimes the cellar.

Post by emptyglass »

Your right L.
Decoy did put up some very cutting edge work at the time. Thanks for the memory prompt. I was but a newbie, making vodka-ish stff and flavoring it with scotch essesnce, thinking I was cool at the time colleting everything I made in a plastic bucket out of my borrowed still and said platic buckets.
I never thought I'd ever understand a humper thumper. What is this humper thumper crap anyway? I just got a handle on this pot stillin' caper.

There is some very contrary arguments going on in the aussie corner of the world, I'd like to see them put to bed. I think there are some guys that think they have a claim on the "I was first" kinda crap.

Unfortunatly for us aussies, there is a heap of guys that are being led up the garden path.

:crazy:
You design it, I make it. Copper and Stainless. Down under. PM me.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

emptyglass wrote: I think there are some guys that think they have a claim on the "I was first" kinda crap.
That guy there has always been good at replicating. His claim to "first" should be prefaced with "borrowed" as in borrowed first or first to borrow.

Again,,,its all here in the forum somewhere with a time signature.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

There was a great level of cooperation and input for a time.
Was a bunch of little developments by several that helped with some decision making.

Was some really exciting times.