Market data

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

dont_think_twice
Novice

Market data

Post by dont_think_twice »

Hi guys!

My job is related to analysis market by researching any information in the Web.
But i face a problem - any quantitative info (for example size of market or anything else) about market of home distillation in US or EU is hidden.
Unfortunately i don't know any ways to get this data exepting interviewing you guys.
So if you have any sources or knowledge about market - please share it with me.

I'll be very grateful for your help :)
Alco_Selfie
Novice

Re: Market data

Post by Alco_Selfie »

Are you working for a federal agency?

Alco

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
dont_think_twice
Novice

Alco_Selfie wrote:Are you working for a federal agency?

Alco

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Of course no! :D

I'm working for firm that is going to produce some advanced distilling equipment in Eastern Europe.
Our product will be focus on western consumers - in EU and US.
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

Don't think anyone here bar Larry, KS and EG who sell stuff them selves would know about the expected turnover of inventory.
Doubt they would help a competitor out, I wouldn't if my bread and butter was on the line.

However as in anything your turnover would be dictated by quality of products and its pricing, a variety in product range obviously helps as well.
but I suppose the biggest one is to get people to be aware of your stuff, not easy when a hobby is as covert as ours.
Don't be a dick
dont_think_twice
Novice

Swedish Pride wrote:Don't think anyone here bar Larry, KS and EG who sell stuff them selves would know about the expected turnover of inventory.
Doubt they would help a competitor out, I wouldn't if my bread and butter was on the line.

However as in anything your turnover would be dictated by quality of products and its pricing, a variety in product range obviously helps as well.
but I suppose the biggest one is to get people to be aware of your stuff, not easy when a hobby is as covert as ours.
OK, got it.
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

dont_think_twice wrote:I'm working for firm that is going to produce some advanced distilling equipment in Eastern Europe. Our product will be focus on western consumers - in EU and US.
Is the target market for commercial producers or hobbiests?

For the commercial market share, distillers conventions would be a great place to start your search. Nose around to find out "what's hot" and what the craft/micro-distillers want in their systems, throughput, and product range. And with an economic study you should be able to establish a price point for your target market.

For the hobbiest, just search ebay....the Eastern rim has already started to flood the market with p.o.s. stills that woo the uneducated new hobbiest. Most often shiny stainless with a big dial thermometer and a worm will sucker some newby into buying it, especially if the price is cheap (just like the mfg. quality).

Many hobbiests who've come here look for design solutions to meet their individual needs, whether they fully understand them or not. It seems that many more knowledgeable hobby distillers prefer to design and build their own stills. As a result, there is a big market for modular components, ie - plates, bubble caps, dephlagematers, condensers, etc.

So, if YOU read these forums a while (do your internet due dilligence), you will get a firm grasp what some of these are and how big the market could potentially be.

Help yourself.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
dont_think_twice
Novice

still_stirrin wrote:
dont_think_twice wrote:I'm working for firm that is going to produce some advanced distilling equipment in Eastern Europe. Our product will be focus on western consumers - in EU and US.
Is the target market for commercial producers or hobbiests?

For the commercial market share, distillers conventions would be a great place to start your search. Nose around to find out "what's hot" and what the craft/micro-distillers want in their systems, throughput, and product range. And with an economic study you should be able to establish a price point for your target market.

For the hobbiest, just search ebay....the Eastern rim has already started to flood the market with p.o.s. stills that woo the uneducated new hobbiest. Most often shiny stainless with a big dial thermometer and a worm will sucker some newby into buying it, especially if the price is cheap (just like the mfg. quality).

Many hobbiests who've come here look for design solutions to meet their individual needs, whether they fully understand them or not. It seems that many more knowledgeable hobby distillers prefer to design and build their own stills. As a result, there is a big market for modular components, ie - plates, bubble caps, dephlagematers, condensers, etc.

So, if YOU read these forums a while (do your internet due dilligence), you will get a firm grasp what some of these are and how big the market could potentially be.

Help yourself.
ss
Thank you!
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Gonna be tough for a low post count relative novice to get marketing information here... We've been burned more than a few times and even had members banned for such actions... Don't view our membership as a potential income stream because that just ain't cool... Just sayin...
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

he is kidding right?
“…Let’s do this one more time....”