New Craft Distillery in BC

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

New Craft Distillery in BC

Post by Bushman »

HDNB, I think this one is closer to your neck of the woods. Since they are licensed as a craft distillery they have to use products grown in BC. They want to produce rum so in the article they say they are trying to talk a local farmer into growing sugar beets for making rum. I just can't imagine making a good rum from sugar beets, any of our members have any success?
http://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/ ... king-shape" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
MDH
Distiller

Re: New Craft Distillery in BC

Post by MDH »

Can't imagine why. There is a man growing sugar cane in Cobble Hill, British Columbia. He grows specifically for distillers.
The still is not a liar. Mash and ferment quality is 99.9% of your performance.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

He's gotta be a member here, it looks like he tore a page from deepsouth's 8" build thread in craft stillers section.
I'll check them out next time i'm that way...next province over but still a solid 10 hour drive from here.

i like the apollo whiskey helmet on the boiler!

BC sure is leading the way here, they have lots of pro stillers, can sell at farmers markets... i wonder if they can do internet sales yet.
Alberta only has about 8 operating distilleries and from what i'm told there is about another 20 in the works but lots of guys back down when they finally figure the math out.
Apparently opportunity still dresses in coveralls and has to show up on the malt floor every morning.
Turning shit into solid gold is not as easy as some folks seem to think.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

HDNB, I thought you were in eastern BC. Hell I am closer than you are!