UK: Essencia Carbon filter cartridge sources ???

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

JimmyPage
Novice

UK: Essencia Carbon filter cartridge sources ???

Post by JimmyPage »

It seems impossible to now source the Essencia Carbon Catridge in the UK. My LHS has had an order in since February, and I see all other online sources are now Out Of Stock.

I have 2 left (10 washes worth) and then my nice Essencia Filter housing will become an expensive plant pot.

Has anyone out there any idea WTF is going on ?

I have contacted Essencia, but not heard back :(

Apart from that - happy distilling !
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: UK: Essencia Carbon filter cartridge sources ???

Post by Still Life »

Had some spare time and searched for you.
You aren't kidding. UK dealers are out of stock.

Found this while looking, though... http://ww.homedistiller.org/forum/viewt ... =4&t=60184
JimmyPage
Novice

Post by JimmyPage »

Tx for that. I did catch that post when digging, but discounted it (too soon) as it started talking about the T-500 still which I don't have (still running the Still Spirits pot still).

However, I did catch another post on another forum, which suggested recycling.

So I'm drying out my old filter and will experiment. Maybe there's a sideline to make some money from reconditioning folks old filters.

I notice with interest that even Australian suppliers are OOS - which suggests a serious problem at Essencias end. But the radio silence from them is deafening. It's almost like they have taken lessons from the UK Conservative party in how to piss off your loyal supporters.
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Why not just make something that doesn't need carbon filtering? Then no worries and you save money :-)
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!