Selling equipment

Moderator: Site Moderator

Klein
Site Donor
Site Donor

Selling equipment

Post by Klein »

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area or not.

Have any of you guys, and gals sold distilling equipment?

I'm not talking about making equipment to sell, but when you have upgraded and have no use for it anymore.

I'm in Ontario (Canada) and was thinking of using kijiji or amazon.

Not sure if it's a smart idea or not and would like to know what your experience is.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Selling equipment

Post by Bushman »

We have a classified section on the forum for one time sales (not intended as a business for members). If you post it in classified it won't appear until a mod or administrator approves the post. It is then locked and if members are interested everything is done through PM's.
Klein
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klein »

I had not thought of selling it to another member.
I was mainly thinking of amazon or kijiji, but was not sure if that was asking for trouble.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I don't think I would sell online although I see a lot of stills for sale on eBay.
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

If anything I would list it as home brew equipment. Anyone in the know looking will find it. Safer that way. I've een a few on kijiji in ontario but better safe than sorry.

Just my two cents.
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

In the Netherlands stills are sold via Marktplaats, the national version of eBay. Possession of a still is forbidden, but for our government home distilling does not seem to have much priority.
Some professional sellers talk about distilling very clean water or making essential oils. Which everybody with this hobby will understand.
Of course I do not know about Canada or the USoA, but when you see stills for sale on eBay, it can give you an idea of the risks.