Smart Google Home Thingy

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Smart Google Home Thingy

Post by fizzix »

Found a good use for my Google Home device other than listening to the radio, making phone calls, and letting the guv'mint eavesdrop on me.
Told it to remind me to strain & distill my Odin's gin in two weeks on December 16 at 10am. Sounds like it took!
No more posty notes that I'll just gloss by after a week. That coriander, juniper, and tangerine wonder ain't gonna escape me!
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Smart Google Home Thingy

Post by hellbilly007 »

Me personally, I wouldn't use anything Google to remind me to "distill" for the very reason you mention, gooberment.

I don't trust Android phones. I can be discussing something, on the phone or in person, go to look up whatever I was talking about type the first letter and the whole damn phrase is there in the suggestions. This has happened multiple times. I don't like it at all. Anybody else experience this?
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

Remember that if the service is free, you are the product.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Points taken. Perhaps I'm blissfully ignorant and woefully trusting with a twist of apathy.
Maybe we need an underground distiller's insurance fund where a policy covers you for X dollars legal defense in case you get collared.
Hey, I'll ask Google ...LOL. Thanks, gents.