Shares?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

olddog
retired

Shares?

Post by olddog »

Did anyone manage to buy shares earlier in the year when prices were rock bottom :?:
If so how are the looking now.
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......
LWTCS
Site Mod

Re: Shares?

Post by LWTCS »

Shares of what Mike?
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

Shares on the stock exchange.
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

I tried to convince the wife and our investment guy to buy ford stock when it was 1.06 a share. "no, no, stay away from the auto industry, especially the domestic's" he said. I said the only reason ford is down is because people are thinking it's like gm and mopar and that's pulling share price down.
Nope, mama wouldn't go for it and the $20,000 went down on a cottage instead.
4 months or so later, cottage is still the same 150,000 that we paid and ford stock?

Well...

it went to 9.20 a share before dropping back to around 8 something right now. :evil: :evil:

Yes that's $20,000 X 9 = $180,000 in 4-5 months!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Oh well, I'm just glad ford is doing so good regardless.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
Ayay
Distiller

Post by Ayay »

Same as all gamblin. Right now I would tip that it is a good idea to sell your house, rent for 3 years, then buy your house back at half the price...but this is only non-paid advice...really poor amature advice...and that will be $2,3015 credit to my account just coz :mrgreen:
cornflakes...stripped and refluxed
myerfire
Swill Maker

Post by myerfire »

"Non paid advise" is sometimes worth every penny. I didn't buy much because I never sold anything. I went on margin and bought some GE, Anadarko and Las Vegas Sands, kept them for a while and sold and took profits. In hind sight, I should have held them, as they continued going higher. I then shorted Conoco and Tupperware, but they have gone higher and are eating up my previous gains. Nuts!!!
myerfire
smokerscully1
Swill Maker

Post by smokerscully1 »

I bought some penny mineing stock 'bout 30 years ago--cured me from the stock market.

I've made a few bucks on blackjack.
Hack
retired

Post by Hack »

I don't do the stock market, but I bought myself a foreclosure house on 4.5 acres for a little less than half of what it sold for in 2006. That's about the same price as bare land with the utilities installed is going for around here. I'm positive that eventually the market here will recover to close to what it was before things crashed and once I finish remodeling I'm sure the value will be quite a bit more than what it sold for in 2006. However, I didn't buy the place to make a profit. I just want a low mortgage payment, a nice place to live, and room for all my many hobbys.
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

I threw a penny in a wishing well once with better returns :shock: :) bd.
I do all my own stunts